2 Posts

BattleLore» Forums » Rules

Subject: troll retreats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hoogerheide
msg tools
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the troll figure. If he's forced to retreat but cannot (due to units behind him or the edge of the board), does he lose life points only on blue banner rolls, does he lose one life point per flag, or one life point per hex that he can't retreat?

If the last, it makes him a lot easier to kill with a Giant or lore card that makes him frightened.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, have to be careful with the Troll - two hexes per flag taken, one hit (life point) per hex unable to retreat.

EDIT: on second thought, maybe not - I've only played with the Troll once, and perhaps made some undue assumptions. Pretty clear that the troll doesn't take hits from bonus strikes and pretty clear that it does take hits from blue helmets rolled in combat. Not as clear whether it takes hits from flags (though explicit that it tramples), nor from lore powered hits, such as Cry Havoc or Magic Missiles (I would guess yes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.