Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG.CON is mostly open gaming, but we realize sometimes it makes sense to schedule something in advance.

This thread is for user-scheduled events. The Dogwood room can be reserved by posting here, first come, first served. It will have 6 or 7 gaming tables and hold around 50 people.

I'll update this post as events are scheduled.

Right before the convention we'll print out this post and post it next to the room with blanks for any open times, allowing additional reservations during the convention.

Thursday
10am-1pm: Wondrous Room of Prizes
2pm-5pm: Tasty Mistrel Games - "Winner Cleans Up"
8pm...: Rock Band (will move to Irving Lecture Hall Friday evening)
9pm-11pm: GMT-A-THON (Trinity)

Friday
10am-Midnight: Proto Alley

Saturday
Noon-4pm: Ticket To Ride Qualifier Semi's and Finals
4pm-5pm: Arimaa Lecture (Irving Lecture Hall)
4:30-7pm: Spiel-a-thon 2009

Sunday
No events scheduled yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this for reservations on a "whole room" basis, or can this also be used for "we only need one table"-type reservations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Is this for reservations on a "whole room" basis, or can this also be used for "we only need one table"-type reservations?

The general idea is for multi-table, 20-50 people kinds of things. A single table is a small enough group that you can organize amongst yourselves and find an open table anywhere you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Proto Alley lives! Thanks Jeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
The general idea is for multi-table, 20-50 people kinds of things. A single table is a small enough group that you can organize amongst yourselves and find an open table anywhere you want.

Say, I'd really like to give a simultaneous exhibition for Arimaa. I will happily play 20-50 people at the same time, spending only a few seconds to move at each board, and would expect to win almost all of the games anyway, because Arimaa is just that type of deep strategy game which allows simultaneous exhibitions. (Also I'm the #2 player in the world.) Realistically, though, I probably can't round up twenty people to commit to play in advance.

My question is this: If I managed to secure a few commitments to play, enough that we would need at least two tables, could we reserve space and set up extra boards for walk-ons at event-time? I'd also like to offer a prize of an Arimaa set to the first player to beat me, but realistically I won't lose unless I can get ten or more opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fritzlein wrote:
My question is this: If I managed to secure a few commitments to play, enough that we would need at least two tables, could we reserve space and set up extra boards for walk-ons at event-time? I'd also like to offer a prize of an Arimaa set to the first player to beat me, but realistically I won't lose unless I can get ten or more opponents.

Sounds interesting. I see no problem with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding to the list of unofficial events at BGG.con, Tasty Minstrel will hold our Winner Cleans Up events in the Dogwood room starting at 2pm Thursday.

Homesteaders rules will start at 2:00, and I guess I can just continue to run it every 15 or 30 minutes or as soon as a given number of people arrive.

At 4:00 or so I'll start with Terra Prime rules, and repeat those as necessary to accommodate demand.

So for those interested in Homesteaders and Terra Prime, I'll see you on Thursday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that at least two of my band will be up at the very early AM Thursday lined up with our laptops, a router and CIV 4; if anyone wants to join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Fuegi
United States
Framingham
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, this is really late notice and my idea is pretty informal but here goes.

I think might be nice to have a semi-scheduled Tichu open gaming area where people who want to play Tichu late at night could gather together for informal games - this would not be a tournament and if there were people in the room playing another game or whatever, that would be fine. Idea is basically just to have a central gathering place late at night for people interested in Tichu. Was thinking as of like 11PM each night Thu-Sat (probably with people taking a break for the prize giveaways) and going until whenever people stop playing.

I'll maybe talk to you or Derk when I arrive tomorrow about this. Going to try to print up a sign which could be taped to a door with times written in to indicate this in case it works.

This obviously doesn't need to be in this particular room - again doesn't need the room entirely to itself and shouldn't interfere with other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.