Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on Mayday Games Newest Sleeves:

We shipped out all preorders for the newest “USA” sized sleeves last week and have been getting some feedback from buyers. We also had a chance to sit down and try out the sleeves on many games here to verify the sleeves work well for all games. The USA Card Game Size Sleeves (green label) are amazing, they fit everything they are supposed to and whats more the cards fit back into the box inserts! We sleeved our Incan Gold, For Sale, Race For The Galaxy and more this weekend and love it!

Unfortunately we have run across a rather large problem with our purple (Standard USA) and yellow (Mini USA) sized sleeves. Our Standard USA Game Sized Sleeves (the purple ones) were specifically designed for cards of 56 MM X 87 MM in length. This size was based on many games including Kingsburg, Bang, Bohnanza and Munchkin, all of which do fit perfectly. In fact they fit so well that you can fit the cards back in the inserts/boxes in almost every case. The size was also based on some other company's sizing claims that some really popular games were compatible with 56 MM X 87 MM Sleeves. Unfortunately there are a few games that do NOT have cards that measure 56 MM X 87 MM and are smaller than our euro sleeves which are for 59 X 92 MM. The result of this is that the following games have cards that are 57.5 X 89 MM and do NOT fit the Purple Standard USA Game Sleeves:

7 Ages: 6000 Years of Human History
Acquire (1976 version)
Agora
Apples to Apples
Arkham Horror and Expansions
Battlestar Galactica & Expansions
Brawl
Citadels
Clue
Clue -1st Edition 1949 Classic Reproduction
Cosmic Encounter
Descent Journeys In The Dark & Expansions
Elfenland
HysteriCoach
Limits
Little Grey Rabbit
Mare Nostrum
Middle Earth Quest
Modern Art (Mayfair Version)
Nexus
Pit
Racko
Rack-O
Risk -Lord of the Rings Version
Runebound Second Edition & Expansions
Set
Set: Family Game of Visual Perception
Slide 5 (Slide Five)
Too Many Cooks
Union Pacific
US Patent 1
Witch Trial
And others

We realize many of you ordered this size specifically for the above games. What can be done? We are pleased to announce the release of our new USA Chimera Sized Sleeves (Orange label), they will be 57.5 X 89 MM in size and fit all of the above games just fine. MSRP is $2.25 per pack of 100 and they will be released in about 4 weeks. Production is already underway.

Also for the Mini USA sleeves, they are for 41 MM X 63 MM cards. The following games are closer 43 MM X 65 MM, right in between our USA Mini and Euro Mini sizes:

Arkham Horror and expansions
Battlestar Galactica and expansions
Middle Earth Quest
Talisman and expansions
And others

We are pleased to announce the release of our new Mini Chimera Sized Sleeves (Red label), they will be for cards 43 MM X 65 MM and fit all of these games and more just perfectly. MSRP is $1.75 per pack of 100 and they will be released in about 4 weeks as well, production is already underway.

Graphics and preorder info to follow. Anyone with orders for one size that needs sleeves of a different size, please email us at maydaygames@gmail.com and we will happily swap out your sleeves for the above newest release. If you ordered from us directly we will happily offer you a full refund if you prefer.

We have updated our www.maydaygames.com/sleeves.xls and www.maydaygames.com/sleeves.pdf to reflect this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Following on from this, we at Board Game Extras have updated our sleeve selector to include this latest information and are happy to help any of UK or EU customers who have the wrong size sleeves, get the ones they need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mayday Games has done the board game community an extremely great service with all of the different types of sleeves that you're providing.

With that said, I feel this just proves the fact that board game companies really need to standardize the sizes of their cards. There are so many different sizes for so many different games that it's almost too much of a hassle to figure out what type of sleeves are needed for the games that I own. Maybe I'll stop sleeving cards for board games altogether and just do cards games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased a few sets of premium sleeves. I got some Purple USA and some Orange Chimera. It's strange but these sleeves are the EXACT same width, though the Chimera sleeves are taller. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm trying to sleeve some cards (Onirim) that need the extra width of the Chimera and I'm not able to fit them in. I don't have a way to measure the width but based on the fact that cards that should fit, don't, I'm guessing that the Chimeras are narrower than they should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may ask, for when some card sleeves for Queens Necklace, and probably other games that use those cards? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sound609 wrote:
I'm trying to sleeve some cards (Onirim) that need the extra width of the Chimera and I'm not able to fit them in. I don't have a way to measure the width but based on the fact that cards that should fit, don't, I'm guessing that the Chimeras are narrower than they should be.

Can you email us the dimension of the Onirim cards and we can take a look at this. I suspect you need to try Euro Card Sleeves, the Chimera Premiums are properly sized unless you just got a bad pack somehow. We have had no reports of Chimera not fitting the size card they are intended for. Please email us directly at seth@maydaygames.com and we can sort this out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.