Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got my first Geek Gold tip today (very exciting!), and I want to say thank you to the user that gave it to me. Is there any way to figure out from what post it came from and who sent it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to the left of the geek gold symbol there is a yellow number of how much gg you got. Click it and it will say who the donor was, click their name and pm them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In your profile, in the GeekStuff tab, there should be a GeekGold section on the right showing how much you've collected; that should be a link to the page showing where it all came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to My Geek > Profile > Geekstuff. In the upper right is a section on geekgold. The top link says Collected. Click on it, and it will show you who sent it to you, with a link to the post that received it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Saddleback, covered by a blanket of winter snow
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The direct link to the above (for you) is:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekgold/collected/Proleary

Be aware that many users tip so often their mailboxes would be swamped if they were thanked for every tip. Perhaps the best way to thank them is to pass the GG on by tipping someone else.

It's very good of you to ask, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Be aware that many users tip so often their mailboxes would be swamped if they were thanked for every tip. Perhaps the best way to thank them is to pass the GG on by tipping someone else.

In that case, I'll just say thank you to you here. Thanks!

And thank you everyone else for your help. I think I figured it out now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

Agreed, but if you want to say thank you for your first tip, or for a large tip (usually a GG or more), that's cool, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.