Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: warlocks cave?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
when you have accepted a quest from the warlocks cave what is the correct way of compleating each quest?

example: (where do you go, where do the cards go, ect)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct way is for each quest is listed on the card itself. If you can fulfill the conditions straight away you may (such as a discard style quest). Other types you simply do what it says to do. Once you complete the quest you get teleported back to the Warlock cave and receive your reward.

As to what to do with card...keep it in front of you til completed, than discard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ozjesting wrote:
If you can fulfill the conditions straight away you must (such as a discard style quest).


Fixed for the rules. If your only Follower is the Unicorn and you get "discard Follower" Quest (we play random Quests of course), Unicorn is gone.

On the FFG forums it was mentioned that for the "Travel to X" (City and Cursed Glade IIRC) you only need to land on the space, not even stop there or draw a card. So if you get the Travel to Cursed Glade, movement roll 4+ next turn will see you complete the Quest, unless someone zaps you with Misdirection or something devil .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
On the FFG forums it was mentioned that for the "Travel to X" (City and Cursed Glade IIRC) you only need to land on the space, not even stop there or draw a card. So if you get the Travel to Cursed Glade, movement roll 4+ next turn will see you complete the Quest, unless someone zaps you with Misdirection or something devil .


That's not the way I remember it. You teleport back to the Warlock's Cave immediately without having an encounter, but you still have to actually land there by exact count.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was of that mind as well.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Of course, one can still interpret the answer by talismanamsilat both ways.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
I was of that mind as well.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Of course, one can still interpret the answer by talismanamsilat both ways.

No, it says you need to land there but not encounter. This means finish your move in the space. If moving trough was alright it would say moving trough. If you check your Talisman cards you will see that when they apply to a non-finished movement (like a blockade for example) they refer to it as moving trough the space.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:
On the FFG forums it was mentioned that for the "Travel to X" (City and Cursed Glade IIRC) you only need to land on the space, not even stop there or draw a card. So if you get the Travel to Cursed Glade, movement roll 4+ next turn will see you complete the Quest, unless someone zaps you with Misdirection or something devil .


That's not the way I remember it. You teleport back to the Warlock's Cave immediately without having an encounter, but you still have to actually land there by exact count.
I agree with Ian. To "land on" a space, you have to reach it by exact roll. You do not "land on" every space that you pass over during movement.

It sounds like Talismansilat was just saying that you don't have to encounter the cards or draw a card once you land there, since you have completed your quest by just landing on the space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.