Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I need to deal with the destruction token before my TK passes it, but do I need to do that before the ghost TK passes it?

The rules state:

"If all players' Time Keepers pass a Destruction token on the Time Track, the game ends immediately and all players lose." This mentions nothing about the Ghost TK, and sounds like I can start a 10-minute action with only one minute to go before the disaster strikes with no penalty.

This makes no logical sense, however. Take the case of the missile countdown - I start to disarm it at T-2, but take 10 minutes doing so - how can this possibly save the day?

At the end of the same paragraph of the rules, we have "... and automatically fails ... if his TK moves past it as the attempt is being made." This kind of implies that my ghost TK can't pass, but isn't exactly clear.

My gut feeling is that the former interpretation is correct, and that I need to resolve the disaster before my ghost TK gets there, but when I watch Grudunza's excellent guide on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_K4blDAaM then it seems that the latter interpretation is correct.

Which is it?

Thanks a million,

Jenks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation is that you have to resovlve the disaster before all player's TK pieces reach the disaster. The ghost TK is only showing how long you are going to take to do something. The player pieces show the actual time as it goes by.

So if the last player piece is four spaces away, as long as that piece resolves the disaster in four spaces the disaster is removed. The ghost TK could be 10 spaces beyond the disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18, under "timed destruction events":

Quote:
A player attempting to prevent the event automatically fails if the Ghost Time Keeper pases the Destruction token.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

Quote:
A player attempting to prevent the event automatically fails if the Ghost Time Keeper pases the Destruction token.

Hope this helps.

You would not believe how long I spent reading the manual and failed to see this little gem. This clears it up perfectly, and common sense prevails (and makes the game suitably tricky to finish )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

Quote:

Hope this helps.

You would not believe how long I spent reading the manual and failed to see this little gem. This clears it up perfectly, and common sense prevails (and makes the game suitably tricky to finish )

Hmmmm, I missed this too. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.