Subject: The most Awesome Online Abstract EVAR! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the past few months I've been whiling away my free time playing on this baby: www.quadradius.com .
Seriously, this game is amazing. The standard (free) version of the game is on a 10x8 board and each side has 20 'taurii' (basic pieces) and there is 1'power orb' somewhere in the arena. The taurii move and capture one space orthagonally - that is basically the game.
However, the interesting stufff comes in when a taurus lands on a power orb. The piece absorbs that orb's power and can use it (once). The powers range from 'trench column' (make a massive trench on the column your piece is in), 'tripwire row' (every enemy piece in that row dies when it moves), 'purify radial' (removes all good attributes from enemies and all bad attributes from team members), to 'move diagonal (this is permanent). There are about 20 powers and most of them come in column/radial/row flavours. It really is an amazing game.
If you become a member you get ranking, extra moves, custom piece colours, custom turn lengths, and custom arena sizes.
The board starts off imple, but soon becomes a rabbit warren of holes, unreachable platforms, ridiculously powerful pieces and massive trenches. However, it all balances out, despite the slightly lucky nature of orb appearance (1-5 appear every 7 rounds, but in random places).
All in all, the game is amazinsg, especially as it's entirely pvp: no stupid/crazy hard AI (this can be annoying, though, if you want a game and there's no-one around).
Anyway, I've jabbered long enough. Go and play this awesomness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.