Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Axis Fuel part of the rules: Every time an Axis unit moves more than 2 hexes (or 4 hexes strategically) the fuel index is reduced by 1.

Combined with the rules for road movement: Units move five times the distance if they move by road. Thus if a (6-6) unit moves ten hexes along the road it still has 4 movement factors left.

This leads to the following question: Does movement along a road change anything with regards to fuel or must the axis always pay a fuel to be able to use the road advantages with regards to the extra movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thinking is that they mean 2 movement points and not 2 hexes as it would else make it very tough for the germans to ever reach the eastern side of the board..(since every road movement would mean a fuel use)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I would have to state that the general consensus is you can USE '2' "Movement Points" for any UNITS without consuming "Fuel" from that. This abstractly portrays conveyances being deployed that CONSERVE as much that were possible with regard to "Fuel" consumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and now I am again in doubt on this issue.. It would be nice to hear from people who have played this game how they played it.

Considering the axis are supposed to be limited and get a good amount of fuel tokens anyway it could indeed be that they can only move 2 hexes as written before spending fuel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rehn
Australia
SPIT JUNCTION
NSW
flag msg tools
I realise this about 6 months after the initial query, but thought I would add my interpretation anyway.

An extract from Jedko 2nd edition rules states that:

STRATEGIC MOVEMENT
....Axis units can move 4 (or 20 road) hexes by strategic movement without using fuel.....

From this, as strategic movement is double that of ordinary movement, you could assume that Axis units can move 10 hexes by road without using fuel. This is the way I have read and applied the rule in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lexington wrote:
I realise this about 6 months after the initial query, but thought I would add my interpretation anyway.

An extract from Jedko 2nd edition rules states that:

STRATEGIC MOVEMENT
....Axis units can move 4 (or 20 road) hexes by strategic movement without using fuel.....

From this, as strategic movement is double that of ordinary movement, you could assume that Axis units can move 10 hexes by road without using fuel. This is the way I have read and applied the rule in the past.

On the other hand my 2nd edition Jedko (bookcase) rules state:

'Every time an Axis unit moves more than 2 hexes (or 4 hexes strategically) the fuel index is reduced by 1. If there is no fuel available no Axis unit may exceed 2 hexes or 4 hexes strategically during movement. Fuel is not required for replacement units or the Rommel unit.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The important word here between the two cases is "More"

Under Axis Fuel it states-Every time an Axis unit moves "more" than 2 hexes(or 4 hexes Strategically) the fuel index is reduced by 1

Under Strategic Movement it states-Axis units can move 4(or 20 road) hexes by strategic movement without using fuel.

Thus you can move up to and including 4 hexes(20 by road) strategically without using fuel but if you move "Over" 4 (or 20 road) then 1 fuel point is used up.
John forgot to have the "more" in there when he cited the rule and that's one very important little word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.