Subject: 3D Space Hulk Board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Horsfield
United Kingdom
L'Derry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With all the interest in Space Hulk at the minute I would like to ask for ideas to improve my 3D Boards

http://wormholegamer.com/photos/index.php?cat=10029

I started work on these over 3 years ago but happily 3rd Edition has just arrived and its given me the necessary incentive to finish it.

I still have a few board sections to build and the 'Chunky' board shown is still unfinished as the floor tiles have to be attached, doors fitted and a few adjustments made. But as it's not finished there is still time to make some changes so I welcome ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the size and impracticality of the new miniatures, are you sure they are compatible with the 3D environment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Horsfield
United Kingdom
L'Derry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
Judging by the size and impracticality of the new miniatures, are you sure they are compatible with the 3D environment?

When I started there was no 3rd edition so the design is based on 2nd edition minis, the genestealers took up the most space and they do fit. I am going to replace the extensions on the corners with something smaller to give more room.

The layout is based on a 30mm grid which is the same size as the current version (and the previous 2)

I haven't assembled any of the new terminators yet (I'm making myself finish this board before I tackle the new figures) so I haven't tried them on the board.

cadamec wrote:
That is awesome! What is it made out of? I am used to seeing ones made from plaster casts. Is that printed board?

Its all printed cardstock mounted on foamboard. The designs come from

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?main_page=pro...

and

http://www.stones-edges.com/scifi/orbital

I just had to alter the various textures to produce all the components required. Took ages :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
Great work J Horsfield!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian ricci
Italy
milano
flag msg tools
hi any one know where i can download a simply 2d cardstock wall to use to make my 3d space hulk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darley
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks like you have the doors between squares, instead of in the square. Is that true? If so would it be possible to get them on the squares, and would the models fit if they were like that?

I've been looking for a good and inexpensive method to do a 3d terrain, and what you've got looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Horsfield
United Kingdom
L'Derry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Darley wrote:
It looks like you have the doors between squares, instead of in the square. Is that true? If so would it be possible to get them on the squares, and would the models fit if they were like that?

I've been looking for a good and inexpensive method to do a 3d terrain, and what you've got looks great.

The room doors fit on the outer half of the squares to help placing figures and it was the only way to make the walls work.

Corridor doors and doorways will sit in the middle of squares and are removeable so that destroyed doorways do not get in the way during games.

The doors will be the last components added after I place the floor tiles, so no pics at present

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.