Subject: Different colors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
Is it a heretic thing painting a space marine with another color instead the red?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
SGResu wrote:
Is it a heretic thing painting a space marine with another color instead the red?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
back in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader times, there were a lot of space marine chapters (templarlike imperial brotherhoods of them). one were the Blood Angels (?) from the cover. others were Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Ultra Marines etc.,etc. Even a female order was among them.
Each had their distinctive colour pattern. and as there were rumoured to be more than revealed by the designers, you were free to make yourself one up.

i do not know how everything is now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
... Each had their distinctive colour pattern. and as there were rumoured to be more than revealed by the designers, you were free to make yourself one up.

i do not know how everything is now.

Pretty much the same. The only thing that would look odd about the models if you painted them a different color is all the Blood Angel iconography. The sculpts are clearly intended to be Blood Angels. That said, if it won't bother you to have Blood Angel icons on space marines that aren't Blood Angels, then paint them however you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
So, the blood angels are red.
I wish to have different colors, like blue or white(maybe only one marine white and gold, the boos!) but I don't want to make "historic mistakes"(my eng mistakes are enought! ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the 1st edition of Space Hulk had the fluff describing the Blood Angels, the box showed numerous paint schemes for other chapters. Along the way they've gotten awfully specific apparently

Paint them however you want and more power to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Balgård
Sweden
Västerås
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While it is true that the models have blood angel iconography they could just as well be a blood angel successor chapter (basicly a clone of the chapter with a different name and paint scheme)
two variants from canon 40k fluff:
Angels Sanguine ( http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Sanguine )
Flesh tearers (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Flesh_Tearers)

they all use red and black though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could paint them anyway you wanted and "make up" a Blood angels successor chapter. I can try and dig up the old WD with the Blood Angels Index Astartes article in it.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
SGResu wrote:

You bet it's a Heresy! zombie Some schmuck at GW will come to your town and hunt you down like a rough Genestealer Hybrid you are if you paint the figures other than what is shown on GW's web site!!! shake

Lord, it amuses me that people who shell out $100.00 for a game even care what others, or GW to that extent, thinks about what you paint YOUR figures.... Paint them whatever you want to, they are YOUR figures, you should be happy with them when you are done with them.

Brother Jim cool

PS maybe I'll repaint my marines Pink with Green poke-a-dots.... yah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the "basic" Ultra-Marine colors, and thinking about having mine done up like that. I'm thinking that wouldn't be as much contrast with the stealers, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great_Mazinga wrote:
I really like the "basic" Ultra-Marine colors, and thinking about having mine done up like that. I'm thinking that wouldn't be as much contrast with the stealers, though.

Then don't paint the Ymgar colours! Use a different hive: Leviathan, Behemoth, Kraken, Moloch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
Eriku-kun wrote:
While it is true that the models have blood angel iconography they could just as well be a blood angel successor chapter (basicly a clone of the chapter with a different name and paint scheme)

Ok, so they're all blood angels.
So, SGT Lorenzo(I don't know if they changed his name in eng, I have the italian version) is the one who survived from the Secoris battle, according to the story. He is supposed to be the most important in the squad, so he should be red. I'd like to paint him white/gold to give him more importance. Brother Omnio is described as a blood angel, so he'll be red. Calistrarius is also described as a blood angel, a psyonic warrior..i'd like to change the color of the psyonic group...

Ops, I have to go back home...
I'll try to create groups to follow criterias like "blood angel"/psonic power/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
Eriku-kun wrote:

where can I find something that explains to me the story of SH?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
jasta6 wrote:
SGResu wrote:

You bet it's a Heresy! zombie Some schmuck at GW will come to your town and hunt you down like a rough Genestealer Hybrid you are if you paint the figures other than what is shown on GW's web site!!! shake

Lord, it amuses me that people who shell out $100.00 for a game even care what others, or GW to that extent, thinks about what you paint YOUR figures.... Paint them whatever you want to, they are YOUR figures, you should be happy with them when you are done with them.

Brother Jim cool

PS maybe I'll repaint my marines Pink with Green poke-a-dots.... yah!

I know I do what I want with my figures, I'm just trying to make some little changes but I also want to stay close to the original thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
SGResu wrote:
Eriku-kun wrote:

where can I find something that explains to me the story of SH?

In the Mission Book.

Or try Wikipedia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Deathwing chapter of Space Marines uses a bone white Colour scheme and their Shoulder emblem is simmilar to the Blood Angels.

Also there is the Doom Eagles chapter which uses a silver scheme and their emblem is simmilar to the Blood Angels as well.

In the end just go with what you like. Especially if you are playing with non-40k players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SGResu wrote:
So, the blood angels are red.
I wish to have different colors, like blue or white(maybe only one marine white and gold, the boos!) but I don't want to make "historic mistakes"(my eng mistakes are enought! ).

Another player has posted pics of his painted Terminator Marines from the game—and they're green! However, all the little blood drops are blue and, for added contrast, the Power Fists are orange.

You could do something similar. Paint your Termies white, picked out in red, and make the blood drops blue—or any color you wish, for example. Or even use a scheme from a favorite sports team.

I see on the figure that there are winged skulls, winged blood drops, skulls with a cup, a winged cup... In short, while there is a lot of Blood Angels iconography, there's enough differentiation in how the elements are used that I think you could paint them any way you like for any chapter you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
I realized that there are 4 squad:
Lorenzo's: can be 1 white and the other 4 red(or a mix fullred/whitered).
Gideon's: I think blue, maybe some variation for the SGT(and some mix too)
Calistarius': I'm reading the blood angels story on wiki and Calistarius is one of the blood angels that healed from the "black fury"(I don't really know how do they translated, in italian is "black fury"). Blood Angels that got black fury used to paint the armour black, so I think I'm going to paint Calistarius' armor black!
Claudio's: He's the pink one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
SGResu wrote:

I know I do what I want with my figures, I'm just trying to make some little changes but I also want to stay close to the original thought.

Cool! It sounded like you thought you HAD to paint them like the box cover.

Good Luck with your figures!!

Brother Jim cool

PS I may still paint a squad Pink surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm making a pink squad so my daughter will play....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Box Cover.
http://onastick.net/sitz/images/HK40K.jpg

Hello Kitty 40k army.
http://www.exlibrismortis.org/ExLibrisnewSistersArmy.html

DakkaDakka even!
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6218/dscn5201el3.jpg

er... Thats scary...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/GermanNightmare/Fluffl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SGResu GPq
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
Omega2064 wrote:

LOOOL!

the girl looks like my old school mate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.