Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » News

Subject: Ticket to Ride World Championship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already seen this, you have to check it out!!

Days of Wonder has announced an international tournament for Ticket to Ride with some crazy prizes and regional tournaments to find the competitors for the world championship!

Looks like I'll need to brush up on my TTR strategies! cool

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/?p=1147&language=en
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for me to bother - I see from the rules neither Australia nor New Zealand appear to be included in this "World Championship", and for that matter any place other than North America or Europe.

I suspect that Days of Wonder sell a fair few games down here, obviously not as many as in Europe or US/Canada, but a bit of a disappointment for fans down here that we can't enter this competition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
No need for me to bother - I see from the rules neither Australia nor New Zealand appear to be included in this "World Championship", and for that matter any place other than North America or Europe.

I suspect that Days of Wonder sell a fair few games down here, obviously not as many as in Europe or US/Canada, but a bit of a disappointment for fans down here that we can't enter this competition.


We understand the disappointment this may cause, and are working to expand this even further in future years. For more details, see Mark's answer on our forums:

http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?th=18060&start=0

eric @ DoW
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They did say something about wanting to expand the area in future years. I don't know if that would include "Down Under" eventually, but here's hoping! cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
They did say something about wanting to expand the area in future years. I don't know if that would include "Down Under" eventually, but here's hoping! cool


Hopefully the recent Small World contest proves that we do try to include folks from all around the world when we can: one of the grand prize winners of the Small World contest is from down under and won a trip to Essen.

eric @ DoW
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:
They did say something about wanting to expand the area in future years. I don't know if that would include "Down Under" eventually, but here's hoping! cool


Hopefully the recent Small World contest proves that we do try to include folks from all around the world when we can: one of the grand prize winners of the Small World contest is from down under and won a trip to Essen.

eric @ DoW


I noted that and it was good to see someone from Aussie getting a trip to Essen.

Thanks for your prompt responses - it seems like you might be taking more flak from unrepresented countries from within Europe anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
they'll get their chances too!

on a unrelated note, there seems to be one hell of a red dust storm in Sydney right now. The pictures are amazing... http://au.yahoo.com/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that dust storm is amazing! Is that common?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
Wow, that dust storm is amazing! Is that common?


And we even get weather effects from that over here in NZ, and there's a fair chunk of water between us and them.

Not sure how common it is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrick Hom
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I now have the strange urge to buy some cans of metallic spray paint and paint some of my trains.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Tu
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Who won? I heard that they are running another world championship in 2014.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2010's winner was Patrick Deckers of the Netherlands.

Info on the 2014 World Championships are at http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/world-championsh....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
Game-o-Rama, Atlanta, May 22-26, 2014 is a TtR Qualifier

http://game-o-rama.com/

Ticket to Ride National Championship Qualifier


The winner will receive

Invitation to the National Championship

Special Ticket to Ride Championship medal

Complete set (5 colors) of limited­-edition translucent Ticket to Ride trains

US/Canada Qualifiers will receive a 4­Day entrance pass for Gencon August 14-17, 2014 in Indianapolis, Indiana

The North American Championship combines events from both Canada and the US. Because of this, the top 2 players at the North American Championship will qualify for the World Championships in Paris. Days of Wonder will pay for those players to travel to Paris for the World Championship.

Come play at the Game-o-Rama tournament and you are one win from the finals where the top 2 get a paid trip to Paris. Not bad at all. Thanks to Days of Wonder for including Game-o-Rama in this exciting event.

http://game-o-rama.com/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.