Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wary when I see the game has three different modes, with one competitive and one cooperative. Past games such as this are usually clearly designed for one style of play and work much better that way.

Does one style of play seem optimal? Does it play well as a cooperative game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say for sure, as I plan to play it (hopefully) this weekend. However, the first game I played was the solo variant, and I must say, it was hard. Like, Pandemic hard. NOt only that, I was playing it incorrectly, trading more cards than the rules say. Which means it should have actually been even harder. But the key thing to note is that I had a blast! It was one of the funest light games I had myself in just under an hour. So, for what it's worth, there's one opinion on one of the versions this game has to offer. From the other review, the co-op version seems to be good. Hope this helps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I am waiting for mine and really looking forward to play all the modes. Bound to find one I prefer to the rest, but looks like a game I cannot miss. It is good to have choices, what kind....have to wait and see

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pacman88k wrote:
Can't say for sure, as I plan to play it (hopefully) this weekend. However, the first game I played was the solo variant, and I must say, it was hard. Like, Pandemic hard. NOt only that, I was playing it incorrectly, trading more cards than the rules say. Which means it should have actually been even harder. But the key thing to note is that I had a blast! It was one of the funest light games I had myself in just under an hour. So, for what it's worth, there's one opinion on one of the versions this game has to offer. From the other review, the co-op version seems to be good. Hope this helps...

I'm a little confused (which is fairly easy to do!)...do you still have the option to trade cards in the Solo variant? If so, how does this work?

Thanks,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sure. You simply "discard" two cards and draw two more in their stead. That's the trading. Except when I was playing, I traded as many as I wanted somehow...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
I'm wary when I see the game has three different modes, with one competitive and one cooperative. Past games such as this are usually clearly designed for one style of play and work much better that way.

Does one style of play seem optimal? Does it play well as a cooperative game?

I just played the Solo game with no variants, and I have to say that I don't really feel like I made any choices... like... not even one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.