Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hiya!
in case you did not notice: i am the guy who sprayed all his gmt game chits! blush

already posted this in general gaming:

recently i got me heroclix batmanses and some star wars minis from the wizkids. and i've been thinking: they would probably look better with a good paintjob, drybrush style... whistle

anyone did this already? is it easy?
i painted only gw long time ago, and some Fury of Dracula and Shadows over Camelot . i think i am up to the skill, but, has anyone done that, with improvement to the optics?

sadly, one cant paint over the lightsabers, now can one (there is a tiny botch there...) :?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Palmer
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that several people have made CUSTOM Heroclix, and therefore painted/repainted their Heroclix. I've never re-painted any of mine, but I've seen it done.

You might want to check out HCRealms.com (if it's still around) or Creationmatrix.com (I know that they're still around) as they specialize in Heroclix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of them (sw minis and clixes) will take paint quite easily if drybrushing.

If you want to actually paint them, the wizkids clix stuff also already has a matte finish so they can be easily painted over with any type of acrylic.

The WOTC stuff (sw, dnd minis, etc), often will take some acrylics very well -- i.e. the craft store kind, or if you use a modelling stuff but dilute them down like I do. They seem to have a semi-gloss finish on them, plus the vinyl plastic also doesn't hold paint well if you don't primer it first, or just just a matte varnish on it as a "clear" primer.

Anyhow, I suspect you mainly are asking about heroclixes, so yes, they are quite easy to paint over even if you don't strip them and reprime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanx a lot for the answers, guys! as son as i am done, i'll show!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.