Popular Tags: [View All]
Robèr Boonmann
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the El Presidente expansion a while ago, but still didn't had the opportunity to play it.

I also wanted to try out the solo version of Cuba as published here on BGG.
So Today I combined the two together.
Here I will tell you what I did, based on these solorules. http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/39626

The main problem was how to deal with the Cubans.
I took the 2 player rules, so that every round you have 6 turns and must choose 2 Cubans.
Because in a one-player game there is no start-player, I turned the Dancer into a 3th Donkey. (sorry for that)
On the start of every round, I took the other 5 Cubans, mixed them blind and randomly set 2 of them aside.
The other 3 I mixed with the 3 donkeys, and them placed them on the board.
So every round there was another combination of Cubans, which I found very nice.
Of course you can do this only once, and play the whole game with the same set.

I must say, that I found it quite enjoyable to play this way.
It was a nice way to get accostumed with the rules of this expansion.
It brought me 117 points. I think that's not bad for the first time.

So, I hope others will enjoy this too, and if anyone has any comment, please do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interestingly, we decided to house-rule this into being standard play. Always jumble all the cubans, and pick one or two to replace with donkeys. Except our picking method is to roll a 6-sided die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was great fun. I played for the first time last night and managed a 102 after 8 rounds. I never played Cuba or the expansion before, so I reckon that's a reasonable first go.

Thanks for coming up with this method for dealing with the Cubans. It works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.