Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, well it was a whirlwind week as Wolf of the Week, thanks to everybody who contributed. Now without further ado, It is my extreme pleasure to introduce you to your Wolf of the Week #111, my friend and yours...

Gelatinous Goo! goo

Gelatinous Goo wrote:
I just started writing and ended up getting pretty indulgent. I don't journal, so having a rare occasion to write about myself ended up going a little long. Here it is:

I’d like to thank my agent and my mom, who always said, someday you’ll grow up to be someone, maybe not the President or anything important (let’s hope not), but maybe something more innocuous like Wolf of the Week. And you know, she was right.

In the 70s and 80s, I was raised in Anaheim, California in the shadow of Disneyland (I even went to Walt Disney Elementary School for crying out loud). I always enjoyed kids board games (Pay Day, Bonkers, and the like).

At summer camp one year, my camp councilor told us stories about Dungeons & Dragons and I was transported. I instantly had to find out more about this game. I bought the basic set and proceeded to lead my entire 5th grade class through a short dungeon. After that, I roped in my friends and we played lots of AD&D (we’re talking the original books—I even have the Fiend Folio with the Cthulhu mythos and the Grey Mouser characters). From there, we started playing whatever we could get our hands on: Supremacy, Car Wars, Twilight 2000, James Bond, Call of Cthulhu, Elf Quest, and some Risk and Axis and Allies.

After high school I went to UC Irvine to get my B.A. in Political Theory (I wanted to get a Sociology degree, but it was such a small program it was hard to get the classes, so I ended up Poly Sci as the quickest way out). I also ended up one class short of a minor in Linguistics. But I wanted out and never finished that up. As I was graduating, my dad needed to hire a salesman for his business so I went for it. Now, 19 years later, I’m buying that business from my dad as he is retiring. I sell powder processing equipment (screeners, conveyors, blenders, magnets) and blowers and heat exchangers. It’s a fascinating business that gets me into all kinds of crazy processing facilities (baking, chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, rendering, nutriceutical, and a new up and coming eutical: cosmoceutical). So, when I’m not in my office making phone calls and trying not to get lynched, I’m out visiting manufacturing facilities.

After my undergrad, I picked up my M.A. in English Literature with an emphasis in creative writing. In my 20s, I fancied myself a writer. My graduate project was a collection of short fiction called “Is This Indeed the Right Place For Love” which was a response to Robert Frost’s line in “Birches” “Earth’s the right place for love.” All of the stories were about how our neuroses and foibles become our own undoing and our own impediments to love (in all of its iterations). I enjoyed some mild success at CSU Fullerton and was often invited to give readings of my poetry. Two on-campus lit journals tried to publish my work (I say tried because both of them folded after the issue before mine—in fact, one journal tried to resurface phoenix-like with an entire issue featuring my poems, stories, and essays, but folded before it’s come-back issue). I figured I was bad luck to journals. I think Playboy, Esquire, and The New Yorker all dodged bullets when they turned me down (but I did get personal hand-written rejection letters from some of them which was encouraging). My favorite piece is called “Sim-Simian: A Love Story” about Enos, the first chimp in space in the Mercury program, and his jealous handler who had to clean up after the chimp’s rampant sexual energy (unbridled id). My best story is “American Standard,” an ironic title about how we are flushing our American Dream down the American Standard brand toilet. And my most popular story is called “Maybe It Was the Chicken.” Though the only officially published pieces exist on my bookshelf, my professors’ bookshelves, and in the university library, I found that when I would submit a story for my writing workshops, some upstarts were making copies of my stories and distributing them underground. I would walk across campus and be heralded from afar by people I’d never met with, “I just ready ‘Sarah’s Secret Monkey Joe’ and I loved it!” I enjoyed my time in the sun.

I remain an avid reader. I enjoy Gogol, Faulkner, Dostoyevsky, Pynchon, George Saunders, Don DeLillo, and Garcia-Marquez. Every once in a while, on a wild hair, I’ll read a Stephen King or something like that and I usually totally hate it. Right now, I’m reading Wharton’s The Age of Innocence and so far I give it a 6.5 monkeys out of 10. It’s good but dry and seems a lot like Anna Karenina or Madame Bovary in the worst ways and a bit like Fitzgerald or Dreiser in the best ways. I am also currently awaiting my Amazon shipment of the first Mouse Guard book.

During that time, I met my wife Kelly who was working at a local coffee shop where I would study and write. We were married in ’97 and have since had two daughters. My youngest daughter starting having intractable seizures at 3 months old. We spent many days in and out of hospitals, running tests, injecting dangerous medications, snot filled crying, waffling between moments of bravery and defeat. Now, about 2 years later, we finally have the seizures stopped (down from 40 or so a day) and we are working overtime in therapy to maximize her ability. We were told she would never walk, talk, or live independently and that she would most likely be severely mentally retarded. Now, she is walking and doing well in speech therapy and is overall a very happy child. More recently, her doctors at UCLA are saying that she now has a chance of “catching up” developmentally. So, her future is wide open. It’s been life changing. It’s the nightmare from which you never wake up, but it’s also a thing where you get to dig deep into your fortitude. It’s where the proverbial rubber of your faith meets the road. So, that happened.

In 2004, on a wild hair I was looking up AD&D to see what had become of my old flame. Somehow I found some information on Risk: Godstorm which lead me to some silly little website called boardgamegeek.com. I instantly forgot about Risk: Godstorm (still haven’t played it and have no desire to) and started reading about all these crazy german games. I found an online store and bought Settlers of Catan and Carcassonne, and I was sold. Now, I have about 100 games… that never get played. After I found the games I told my buddy Spud about it and he’s a gamer at heart so he was interested. We played and played like crazy. Spud always had crazy work schedules so he would be home at various times of the weekdays so I would go over there at lunch for some Memoir ’44 (which wore out its welcome with its simplicity and randomness) or 1960 or Agricola. Then I’d stop by again after work for some Race for the Galaxy or Dominion. We were always looking for fun and meaty 2ers but we both have soft places in our hearts for simple, fun games like Can’t Stop or StreetSoccer. Occasionally, our friend Matt would join us and we could play Taj Mahal, Power Grid, or Amun-Re.

But our halcyon days of gaming have run their course. Spud has recently moved to Washington (A.C.—Above California, not D.C.) so stopping by at lunch time is right out. Now my coffers of games sit until my 5 year old gets old enough. Already, she does well at Thebes, Samurai, Can’t Stop, and Notre Dame. She has recently been trying to learn the Mystery Rummy games. It’s only a matter of time before we sit down to Die Macher together.

And I’ll end with finding Werewolf on BGG. I knew some people played WW here and I checked it out a while ago but it looked crazy confusing to me. A while ago, I vacationed with some friends and I bought WW to take with us. We played 11-player games every night and had an amazing time. I wish I knew then what I know now because we could have made some interesting role sets. Not long ago, someone set up a newbie invite game on BGG to draw in new players. I went for it and I was hooked. It was so intriguing and so much fun. Now, I’m at a watershed point of my WW gaming. I still find it mind blowing and fun, but lately I am so horrible at it that the sheen is coming off. I have been an early lynch in almost all of my games recently and I can’t get out of it (regardless if I’m good or evil). It’s like, “Goo, are you a wolf?” “No.” “Bullshit! Let’s get him.” So, I need to try new things. I think maybe it’s just too fun to vote Goo. So, I’m not sure where I’m going from here.

Congrats Goo!!! Questions to follow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Goo, I'm not going to bombard you with a bunch of questions all at once. I'm just going to ask a few questions at a time.

We'll start with just one question for now. Referencing the following photo...

(Goo, seated)

How is it you are so fortunate as to have such unbelievably good-looking friends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Goo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Nixon
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneaky evilish piece of chlorophyl
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats! goo

Favorite role(s) and why?

Least favorite role(s) and why?

Favorite WW game you've played in?

Theme you'd really like to see in a WW game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Leaves wrote:
Favorite role(s) and why?

I'm assuming you mean favorite roles to play. I prefer plain old villager. Good specials are too much responsibility and evil just makes me nervous. My favorite part about villager is trying to protect the specials. I go into the game thinking, I'm not a bad D1 lynch and I'm the best possible NK. In fact, a good is going to get the NK, I figure it is my job to draw it to keep the good specials alive.

Leaves wrote:
Least favorite role(s) and why?

I have a rough time being aux-evil where I don't know the wolves. I constantly feel like they are relying on me and I'm just going to get one of them lynched or just get myself lynched without leaving an ounce of FUD.

Leaves wrote:
Favorite WW game you've played in?

There have been a few that I thought were really fun. I liked Dispy's first game in his "tough" series and I am looking forward to next in the series, "testosterone city." I also really liked Melriken's "Vampire 5.0" Both of these games had an element of deduction. I love when there is tangible information you can use to actually deduce something (tinker vote, de-toughing, someone whose vote counts twice).

Leaves wrote:
Theme you'd really like to see in a WW game?

I'm somewhat indifferent to themes (except I can get turned off by a theme). Mechanics are more important to me. Usually, no matter what the theme, I'm in there claiming "villager" and hunting "wolves" even if it's supposed to be banana slugs and reindeer.

A theme/mechanic I have been rolling around in my head is called "The Possessed." In the game, the NK target becomes possessed by the wolves and is given a private chat with the wolves. The wolves then control that player by telling them exactly what to say and how to vote (though the vote would not count). It would take everyone being a good sport and saying what the wolves tell them to do. At the end of the day, the possessed dies leaving their posts from earlier in the day to be scrutinized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Congrats Goo!

What is your favorite color? (I win!)

How tall are you?

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?

Do you have any pets?

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)

Do you play video games?

Least favorite board game? Why?

Why on earth do you subject yourself to the insanity that is Pynchon?

What was the first drink you ordered from kelly while she was a barista?

What board game do you think is most undeserving of the praise it gets?

What board game do you recommend everyone should try?

What's your favorite emoticon?

What's your favorite month?

What languages do you speak?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?

What is your dream job?

What's keeping you from it?

What's your favorite element?

What is your blood type?

What is your favorite 2 player board game?

Do you go with gut reads or logic?

Tinkers: Yay or Nay?

If you had to liken your playstyle to another member of the WW community, who would you pick and why?

Favorite alcoholic beverage?

What is Walt Disney Elementary School like? Do the characters ever make special appearances?

If a Werewolfer wanted to read some of your works, where would he look?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, goo! The few games I've played with you have been enjoyable and I look forward to many more!

What makes the perfect WW game?
Which super villain are you? ( http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/)
If you were a mental illness what mental illness would you be?
What did you have for breakfast?
Who is buried in Grant's tomb?
What question do you NOT want to be asked?
What's the answer to it?
What is the answer to this question?
What question do you want to be asked?
Is there anything you'd like to see more of in games? Why?
Who art thou? From whence hast thou come? What be thy purpose? Wither art thou going?
Why? Why not? Why why not? Why not why why not? Why why not why why not? Why not why why not why why not?
If you were given a book containing instructions on how to fold yourself up in an umbrella, what would you do with it?
What is your favorite emoticon?
What do your friends and family think of werewolf?
What's it like to be gooey?
Are you one of the Great Old Ones?
Why did you pick your screenname?
If you could add any emoticon to bgg, what would it be?
Tell a funny story that happened to you.
No answer is to be posted to this question.
Do you shower regularly?
How often do you swear?
How tall are you?
How tall aren't you?
Should I grow a beard?
Is this a question.
What should be done to old WotWs who have unanswered questions in their threads and have yet to reveal their truths and a lie?
If you and Spud got in a fistfight who would win?
I don't believe you.
UFOs- real or not real?
Haunted houses- real or not real?
What's really going on in the Bermuda Triangle?
Are you a conspiracy theorist?
Who are your werewolf role models?
Am I bored, drunk, or neither?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Goo!

Interesting Bio Goo! Is it all true or is your lie mixed in there? ;)

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Are you willing to share any thing from “Is This Indeed the Right Place For Love”?

What do you like about Garcia-Marquez?

Worst moment of double-think in a game?

What is your favorite card/combo in Dominion?

What is different about the way you play f2f werewolf and online ww?

Why haven't you made Spud play ww f2f?

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Oh, I forgot my 2 truths and a lie. Spud is not allowed to answer. Here they are:

My father-in-law was a successful TV actor on such shows as The A-Team, Rockford Files, Bonanza, and was also in the Blacksploitation movie Coffy.

I grew up with one of the actors on Grey's Anatomy.

My Godmother was Elizabeth Montgomery (of Bewitched fame).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First one's the lie. It's the proper blend between specific and general that often marks a cunning lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Congratulations Goo!

What's your favorite phase of a standard WW game?

What about the signup rules makes you want to join a game?

Do you ever look back with soulful regret at not getting that minor in linguistics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gongagugagions!

Most hated colour? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
TheSparky wrote:
What is your favorite color? (I win!)

To stay thematically gooey, I will say green. But I also like orange and gray.

TheSparky wrote:
How tall are you?

6' even, but I slouch.

TheSparky wrote:
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

The devious side of me says invisibility, but the noble side of me says flying.

TheSparky wrote:
Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?

The wife and I honeymooned in the Canadian Rockies at Banff and Lake Louise--that was my favorite out of country experience. My only other out-of-country experiences are a few trips down to Mexico for some adventures.

TheSparky wrote:
Do you have any pets?

None currently, but we are hoping to get a dog if my youngest daughter continues to improve.

TheSparky wrote:
If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)

I'd like to come up with some exotic answer, but I think it would just be a good, loyal hound.

TheSparky wrote:
Do you play video games?

I do. I have a Wii now and enjoyed a few games there. Over the years, my favorite games have been: Alundra, Final Fantasy Tactics, Unreal Tournament, all of the Ratchet and Clanks, and Gran Turismo.

TheSparky wrote:
Least favorite board game? Why?

There have been a few that I don't like. I hate anything that's flat out broken (lots of merchandised kids games my duaghter gets). I really don't like Reef Encounter because it's so much work for what feels like little payoff. Like I could figure out my best move, but I just can't bring myself to care.

TheSparky wrote:
Why on earth do you subject yourself to the insanity that is Pynchon?

Gravity's Rainbow as incredible. V was great. Mason & Dixon and The Crying of Lot 49 were good. I am very excited to read Against the Day, but not excited to read Inherent Vice (just doesn't look interesting to me). There is so much going on in a Pynchon novel that I am always left in awe. The fragmentation and other post-modern ideas are beautifully handled and it is amazing that he can write with such whimsy and such purpose at the same time. Reading Pynchon is not for enjoyment, it's more like a thrill ride where you are just so proud that you made it through in one piece (except for in Gravity's Rainbow, where you, the reader, are blown to smithereens in the end).

TheSparky wrote:
What was the first drink you ordered from kelly while she was a barista?

The first drink I ordered is the only drink I order at a coffee shop: black coffee. It was an independent coffee house before the Starborg invasion. They roasted their own beans on site. I have not had a cup of coffee as good since they closed years ago.

TheSparky wrote:
What board game do you think is most undeserving of the praise it gets?

Dominion is good. But it's not as great as the ratings say.

TheSparky wrote:
What board game do you recommend everyone should try?

I recommend every gamer try Princes of Florence. But for everyone (non-gamers and casual gamers alike) I think Werewolf is a good pick. It's such great fun and anyone can play after 2 minutes of explanation. After that I might say Puerto Rico because it is like a survey class on what euro-games are all about (victory points, balancing economy vs. VPs, role selection, being active on other people's turns, multiple paths to victory, etc.) Puerto Rico may not be the best game, but it is a fantastic representative sample.

TheSparky wrote:
What's your favorite emoticon?

It's pretty obvious: goo

TheSparky wrote:
What's your favorite month?

October, fall is in the air, Halloween is fun and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.

TheSparky wrote:
What languages do you speak?

American English, Californian, about 50 Spanish words, and a tiny, tiny bit of French.

TheSparky wrote:
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I can live anywhere, and yet I'm here. So, the answer must be here. I have romantic notions of living up in San Luis Obispo, but I really like Southern California. My family is here, my business is here, beaches are here, mountains are here, Disneyland is here, and it's fun to go into Hollywood for theater, movies, or crazy-people watching.

TheSparky wrote:
If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?

Terra firma. I have no sense wanderlust or adventure. I hate to fly and I have a healthy respect/fear of the ocean. I'm a land lubber.

TheSparky wrote:
What is your dream job?

Writing fiction.

TheSparky wrote:
What's keeping you from it?

Talent. I'm not good enough to make a living from it. There are very few people who can make a living writing and even fewer who can make a living writing what they want.

TheSparky wrote:
What's your favorite element?

I'm kind of equal opportunity when it comes to the elements. I am partial to the ones that keep my alive (carbon, oxygen, etc.) over the ones that want to kill me, but over all I hate to discriminate.

TheSparky wrote:
What is your blood type?

I don't know. I prolly should.

TheSparky wrote:
What is your favorite 2 player board game?

Right now I would say 1960 because I've never had a chance to play a full game of Twilight Struggle. I suspect it would be Twilight Struggle based on what I've seen.

TheSparky wrote:
Do you go with gut reads or logic?

Logic. Both are horribly flawed for me, but I can't read anybody.

TheSparky wrote:
Tinkers: Yay or Nay?

Tinkers are fun if used properly. They are one of the tools that can add more actual deduction to a game.

TheSparky wrote:
If you had to liken your playstyle to another member of the WW community, who would you pick and why?

You know, I've already played with lots of people, but I just don't know everyone well enough yet. I like to throw my incomplete thoughts out there (which usually gets me lynched because thoughts without conclusions look like FUD) and I try to play very calm. I don't freak out when I'm getting votes and I usually post with a thoughtful casualness (which again constantly gets me lynched).

TheSparky wrote:
Favorite alcoholic beverage?

Ale. If we are having cocktails, I'll have a bourbon and soda.

TheSparky wrote:
What is Walt Disney Elementary School like? Do the characters ever make special appearances?

The characters never came to visit, but the cafeteria had a mural of all the cartoons that wrapped all 4 walls. In the summer, they would show movies like The Jungle Book in the cafeteria for all the neighborhood kids to come down and watch for a quarter.

TheSparky wrote:
If a Werewolfer wanted to read some of your works, where would he look?

I have nothing widely published. The only public copy is in the Cal State Fullerton English Department Library. Maybe someday, but for now, I'm underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow, these are kind of exhausting. I'm not even this interested in myself.

Redhawke wrote:
Congrats, goo! The few games I've played with you have been enjoyable and I look forward to many more!

Me too. At first I was confounded by your zany style because I was so paranoid. Now I like to see how you get in there and mix things up to see where they fall.

Redhawke wrote:
What makes the perfect WW game?

Full participation, a good seer/sorcerer battle, and good wins at the last possible moment by making the most excruciating vote ever because the remain wolf has just been great.

Redhawke wrote:
Which super villain are you? ( http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/)

Mr. Freeze

Redhawke wrote:
If you were a mental illness what mental illness would you be?

Is obsession a mental illness? Not obsessive compulsive, but obsession. I can get something in my head (a fear, a WW game, a song, a quip) and I just cannot let it go.

Redhawke wrote:
What did you have for breakfast?

Bagel with cream cheese, but usually it's peanut butter toast

Redhawke wrote:
Who is buried in Grant's tomb?

Nobody, but Ulysses S. Grant and his wife are entombed there.

Redhawke wrote:
What question do you NOT want to be asked?

Compare/contrast the use of dialectical materialism in the economic philosophies of Hegel and Marx.

Redhawke wrote:
What's the answer to it?

I don't remember, that's why I didn't want you to ask. And I'm sure as hell never reading Hegel again.

Redhawke wrote:
What is the answer to this question?

Agreed. What? is the answer to lots of questions.

Redhawke wrote:
What question do you want to be asked?

What's your favorite TV show of all time.

Redhawke wrote:
Is there anything you'd like to see more of in games? Why?

In WW games, I'd like to see more believing me.

Redhawke wrote:
Who art thou? From whence hast thou come? What be thy purpose? Wither art thou going?

Everyman. Home. Love. Home again.

Redhawke wrote:
Why? Why not? Why why not? Why not why why not? Why why not why why not? Why not why why not why why not?

As a parent of a 5 year old, I get this a lot. The answer is, "Because I'm your father.

Redhawke wrote:
If you were given a book containing instructions on how to fold yourself up in an umbrella, what would you do with it?

Lay and wait for the biggest rainy day surprise ever.

Redhawke wrote:
What is your favorite emoticon?

goo

Redhawke wrote:
What do your friends and family think of werewolf?

My wife has played a few times here but she's not enamored with it; she may play again someday. In real life, she loves it and is wily.

Redhawke wrote:
What's it like to be gooey?

No stiff necks.

Redhawke wrote:
Are you one of the Great Old Ones?

When I first arrived at the seaside town that sorrowful November, I heard tales of oozing substance recently found upon the threshold of the unmarked old tomb that had fallen long ago into disrepair. Against my best logic my curiosity fought until it finally lead me here, alone, rain-sodden, and alive with fear before the tomb with a length of rope in my satchel and a fading lantern in my hand. The phosphorescent ooze indeed covered the threshold and also traces could be seen on the latch from which the lock seemed to have melted away. I stood regarding this in the emerging moonlight and wondered from whence this ooze, this gelatinous goo, had come and knew the answer lay deep within the mysterious tomb...

Redhawke wrote:
Why did you pick your screenname?

I just made it up.

Redhawke wrote:
If you could add any emoticon to bgg, what would it be?

Ennui

Redhawke wrote:

After thinking a lot about the physics involved in waterslides, I determined a way to maximize my speed (raise the center of gravity, reduce friction by balancing on one heal with legs crossed and the shoulder blades). Finally getting a chance to try it out I found that I did indeed increase my velocity. After almost exiting the flume on a large bank, I recovered and resumed my luge-like position to again increase my velocity. About halfway down, I encountered the large woman who had entered the slide before me. She was sitting upright, legs straight ahead and slightly apart, hands to the side tickling the flume walls, a song in her head, enjoying the pleasant afternoon. I noticed immediately that to keep my feet together I would impact her lower back and really hurt her, so thinking quickly, I opened my legs and effectively mounted this poor mother. My speed overcame her inertia and we barreled down the flume in tandem, me straddling her waist from behind while my hands grabbed her shoulders to keep her from looking back at me, her screaming wildly. She tried to look back a few times, but I would lean to the left or the right so she couldn't see me. When we got to the bottom I effectively pushed her straight down into the water and flew over the top of her. Then I went underwater and waited. When the next person came flying down the chute I emerged from the water as though I were the next one that had come through and possibly he was her villainous rider (classic seer counterclaim maneuver now that I think of it). I walked out of the pool like nothing had happened and the woman's children gathered around her wondering what happened. Good times... good times.

Redhawke wrote:
No answer is to be posted to this question.

Redhawke wrote:
Do you shower regularly?

Yes. Once a day minimum.

Redhawke wrote:
How often do you swear?

Often when frustrated and occasionally as comic punctuation.

Redhawke wrote:
How tall are you?

6'

Redhawke wrote:
How tall aren't you?

I can think of no funny retort. I am not taller than which cannot be conceived.

Redhawke wrote:
Should I grow a beard?

Yes.

Redhawke wrote:
Is this a question.

Yes, an improperly punctuated one.

Redhawke wrote:
What should be done to old WotWs who have unanswered questions in their threads and have yet to reveal their truths and a lie?

[vote them]

Redhawke wrote:
If you and Spud got in a fistfight who would win?

Spud. He's bigger, got some martial arts training, and has a fire within. I'm a lover not a fighter.

Redhawke wrote:
I don't believe you.

You seriously think I'd win?

Redhawke wrote:
UFOs- real or not real?

Unidentified, yes. Extra-terrestrial, I don't think so.

Redhawke wrote:
Haunted houses- real or not real?

Unfortunately, not.

Redhawke wrote:
What's really going on in the Bermuda Triangle?

Long shorts and loud shirts.

Redhawke wrote:
Are you a conspiracy theorist?

No.

Redhawke wrote:
Who are your werewolf role models?

Tintin (ScottBecker). He's a wolf-huntin' mo-fo. His questions are brief and direct and after you answer he'll say something like, "I find your answer disappointing" and then you just go, "okay, you found me, I'm a wolf"

Redhawke wrote:
Am I bored, drunk, or neither?

Neither
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:

Redhawke wrote:

After thinking a lot about the physics involved in waterslides, I determined a way to maximize my speed (raise the center of gravity, reduce friction by balancing on one heal with legs crossed and the shoulder blades). Finally getting a chance to try it out I found that I did indeed increase my velocity. After almost exiting the flume on a large bank, I recovered and resumed my luge-like position to again increase my velocity. About halfway down, I encountered the large woman who had entered the slide before me. She was sitting upright, legs straight ahead and slightly apart, hands to the side tickling the flume walls, a song in her head, enjoying the pleasant afternoon. I noticed immediately that to keep my feet together I would impact her lower back and really hurt her, so thinking quickly, I opened my legs and effectively mounted this poor mother. My speed overcame her inertia and we barreled down the flume in tandem, me straddling her waist from behind while my hands grabbed her shoulders to keep her from looking back at me, her screaming wildly. She tried to look back a few times, but I would lean to the left or the right so she couldn't see me. When we got to the bottom I effectively pushed her straight down into the water and flew over the top of her. Then I went underwater and waited. When the next person came flying down the chute I emerged from the water as though I were the next one that had come through and possibly he was her villainous rider (classic seer counterclaim maneuver now that I think of it). I walked out of the pool like nothing had happened and the woman's children gathered around her wondering what happened. Good times... good times.

Hysterical! ROTF (nearly literally!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Not long ago, someone set up a newbie invite game on BGG to draw in new players. I went for it and I was hooked.

Hey! That someone was me! You don't even remember your first!! Was I that forgettable? cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Goo... maybe you thought you were getting off easy--but noooooo! Here's my first volley:

On an modern industrial importance scale of 1-10, where would you rate the invention of automotive disc breaks?

Which was the more important invention: synthetic polymers or the carbon filament light bulb? And why?

Who was the hottest cast member of "Three's Company" and why?

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

What is the most memorable television moment you can recall?

What is your favorite vegetable to eat raw?

When you eat french fries, ketchup, plain or something else?

By the way, is it ketchup or catsup?

Could you please explain your understanding of the "catsup" derivation of ketchup?

If you were climbing Mt. Everest, and if things got really grim, what would you turn to your Sherpa and say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another salvo of questions!

Have you ever played Bridge?

If not, do you want to? If so, what bidding systems do you use?

What's your favorite roguelike?

You've been zapped with a wand of polymorph, and you're wearing a ring of polymorph control. What do you turn into?

Death, Chaos, Nature, Trump, Sorcery, Life, Arcane. Which school of magic do you choose? If you're a Mage, choose 2.

You're a villager, but you get a feat. Choose one (secretly): Tough from wolfkill, tough from lynch, extra half-vote (added to normal vote), half-seer, brutal, Specialist kill (one shot night kill), power nullification, 1-1 parity defying, martyr. Why did you choose this?

How often do you (in RL) vote for a candidate whose party affiliation differs from your own? (Feel free to not answer this question if you wish)

Which game do you hate more, Carcassonne, or Ticket to Hell?

What is it about a game that makes it more likely for you to sign up for it? Less likely?

What are some of your favorite Werewolf quotes? (from yourself or others)

Whose questions do you find most interesting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote goo]

Too quiet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sorry, I have a few interesting games going on right now that are taking my BGG time. I'll get to these answers soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Sorry, I have a few interesting games going on right now that are taking my BGG time. I'll get to these answers soon.

Boo! Weak!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
First angry to Sparky for taking my travel question...

But also shake to me for falling behind asking all WotW my travel question

Grats Goo!!

So, where have you traveled? Any very interesting stories? How many States have you been to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goo, if you don't answer your questions soon, we're going to have to change the name to...

Wolf of the WEAK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Spud wrote:
Okay, Goo... maybe you thought you were getting off easy--but noooooo! Here's my first volley:

On an modern industrial importance scale of 1-10, where would you rate the invention of automotive disc breaks?

A 3 or 4, above Roomba(tm) but below the Orbital Sander.

Spud wrote:
Which was the more important invention: synthetic polymers or the carbon filament light bulb? And why?

This question is cripplingly tough. I like me my incandescent bulbs, but polyurethane and polypropylene form the fabric of my life (skate board wheels, star wars figures, etc. Plus, without synthetic polymers, we may have no such word as "double-dong"

Spud wrote:
Who was the hottest cast member of "Three's Company" and why?

The picture answers both parts of the question.

Spud wrote:
What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

Tom and Jerry, including Droopy and the "X of the Future" episodes (like Home of the Future, or Car of the Future, etc.) where the punchline was always, "and one for the mother-in-law."

Spud wrote:
What is the most memorable television moment you can recall?

That's a tough one. There's the Challenger explosion, Reagan got shot, final episode of Facts of Life... but I'd have to go with the final shot of the Twilight Zone episode called "Night Call" where the old lady is getting phone calls, but the phone line fell down during a storm into the cemetery where her dead husband is buried. In the scene she says "Brain!" many, many times and I often get her final two exasperated "Brian!" stuck in my head. Starts at 8:45 below:

Spud wrote:
What is your favorite vegetable to eat raw?

The carrots because a) they taste good and b) I make lots of money from the big carrot farms in Bakersfield

Spud wrote:
When you eat french fries, ketchup, plain or something else?

If it's convenient, with ketchup. If I'm in the car or something, plain is just fine.

Spud wrote:
By the way, is it ketchup or catsup?

Ketchup, get out of here with that commie propaganda.

Spud wrote:
Could you please explain your understanding of the "catsup" derivation of ketchup?

Dunno, I thought maybe Catsup was a particular brand and it was maybe a trademark thing, but wikipedia tells me that the first instance of the word "catsup" is from Jonathan Swift.

Spud wrote:
If you were climbing Mt. Everest, and if things got really grim, what would you turn to your Sherpa and say?

I'd tell him about how I always wanted to be overheard at a party saying, "So, I turn to my Sherpa and I says, 'Go on without me. Don't be a hero. Think of Tenzing and Pemba,' but my Sherpa looked me in the eyes and you know what he says? He says, 'abbowa uneele somtigger.' My Maithili has never been very strong, but I knew it meant 'we're in this together.' It wasn't until I got out of reconstructive surgery for my ears and nose (thank God of synthetic polymers) that I looked it up and found out that it means, 'you've been treating me like a baby treats a diaper this whole trip; I hope you stay here forever begging for the sweet release of death that never comes.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.