Popular Tags: [View All]
Ward Hanot
Belgium
Neeroeteren
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Been studying the rules for a year and finaly got me a copy of WiFFE delux with CvPF, CoiF and CriF (Why I didn't get the super delux is even a mistery for me to this day).

as soon as my partner is ready with the rules will start our first Barbarossa. But some rules are difficult to understand (English is not my motherlanguage so it is hard to read betwine the lines at times).

First of all: Naval units in supply.
rules:
2.4.1 Units at sea are always in supply
2.4.3 naval units: If you move a naval unit that is out of supply...

What am i reading wrong? When is a naval unit out af supply?

Second
Aircraft range
How do i interprit the range? Lets say we hav an FTR with range 4. Can he fly a misson that is 4 hexes away and fly back 4 hexes, or can he just fly 2 hexen and needs the rest of the 4 range (2) to land somewhere safe?

Last off (maybee wrong topic)
Is there a good review of Politics in flames/Is it woth te money? or should I go for DoD3 and drop the additional units in PoiF.
Leaders in flames is included in Mif 2007 right? atleast for the divisions.

Thx in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
WardHanot wrote:
Hi,
Been studying the rules for a year and finaly got me a copy of WiFFE delux with CvPF, CoiF and CriF (Why I didn't get the super delux is even a mistery for me to this day).

as soon as my partner is ready with the rules will start our first Barbarossa. But some rules are difficult to understand (English is not my motherlanguage so it is hard to read betwine the lines at times).

First of all: Naval units in supply.
rules:
2.4.1 Units at sea are always in supply
2.4.3 naval units: If you move a naval unit that is out of supply...

What am i reading wrong? When is a naval unit out af supply?

Units at sea is always in supply, right. But a naval unit in PORT could be out of supply. You can move it, but it will flip, just like any other unit out of supply at the instant you begin to move it.

WardHanot wrote:
Second
Aircraft range
How do i interprit the range? Lets say we hav an FTR with range 4. Can he fly a misson that is 4 hexes away and fly back 4 hexes, or can he just fly 2 hexen and needs the rest of the 4 range (2) to land somewhere safe?

The former. An aircraft with 4 range can count 4 movement points (that's four hexes on the European maps, 2 hexes on the Asia/Pacific maps) to fly a mission, then return to base up to 4 or 2 hexes (depending on map). But remember a FTR that is intercepting has its range halved. So a 5-range FTR intercepting somewhere could go up to 3 hexes in Europe or ONE hex in Asia/Pacific.

WardHanot wrote:
Last off (maybee wrong topic)
Is there a good review of Politics in flames/Is it woth te money? or should I go for DoD3 and drop the additional units in PoiF.
Leaders in flames is included in Mif 2007 right? atleast for the divisions.

Thx in advance

My geeklist describes some of the WIF expansions http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22228

Some people enjoy Polif as a way to mix up the pre-war situation. I haven't used it, though.

Mech in Flames (2007 version) review here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/170190

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.