The Hell of Stalingrad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Recon Units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to get this one on the table tonight. After reading the rules, I think (hope) I have everything down pretty well. One area I do have a question about, however, are recon units. IIRC, the only time that having recon units matters is when determining initiative? Other than that, are they the same as rifle units (except for recon units being uneligible for execution by the NKVD)? Oh, and does initiative determine who plays the first combat card in any particular battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kellen,

You will have some fun with this game.

You are right. The recon units are most valuable to determine initiatve since many of the carnage cards have the recon symbol.

Yes, the first player action (doesn't necessarily have to be a combat card) in a battle goes to the player who wins initiative. Also, don't forget to add fires when determining battle intensity and initiative. The fires added equal the number for battle intensity. I kept forgetting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Veenenberg
Netherlands
Vinkeveen
flag msg tools
If no side has any recon units, which side has then the initiative if the Carnage card drawn shows a pair of binoculars????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RVeenenberg wrote:
If no side has any recon units, which side has then the initiative if the Carnage card drawn shows a pair of binoculars????

Soviet, because 0-0 is a tie and Soviets win ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.