12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Code: The Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just reading a discussion about codes and how they could break games, blah blah blah, etc. etc.

It gave me an idea for a game:

The gimmick in this game is that everyone is given a constant code key to be used. All of their posts must be made, using that key, in code. Every day, each player will be able to view another player to get their key, starting with chosen n0 views.

Roles may or may not be affected.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having read the article, I am not certain what you are referring to. Can you give us an example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a game where you had to convert everyone's posts from code into readable text in order to read them would rapidly cause the players to lose interest. Too much effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make the wolves post in code to wolf chat too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

See Cryptonomicon:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1216...

The wolves didn't have chats; they were forced to post in code in the thread in order to communicate. I had once thought of doing a sequel ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wasn't going to have a wolf chat, but I was going to make the codes a side logical puzzle. If you could break the code of the code, you could infer things about people.

I would likely have the wolves first views be of other wolves, or at least one be able to view another wolf first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is to say, they would be able to see each others kill orders, but not anything else in wolf chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:
Not having read the article, I am not certain what you are referring to. Can you give us an example?

Codes got brought up. Nothing specific. It just got on my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
I think a game where you had to convert everyone's posts from code into readable text in order to read them would rapidly cause the players to lose interest. Too much effort.

This would have to be a high participation, high effort game with the role set I am leaning towards. That is, if you want good to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Votes, of course, would not be coded, and in that way it would resemble....Sparky's? Stat's?...silent game series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.