Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Henning
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure I get this all straight, for ways to enter a gate:

1) Move to location during Movement - Enter during Arkham Encounter (Should have 2 encounters while inside)

2) Sucked in During Mythos Draw - Delayed - Stand up during Movement (Should have 2 encounters while inside)

3) Arkham Encounter causes gate to open - Delayed - Can't Stand till next turn (Should have 3 encounters while inside)

4) Arkham Encounter moves you to Location with Gate - Enter during same Arkham Encounter (Should have 2 encounters while inside)

5) Nightgaunt Attack - Enter on failed Combat check (Should have 2 Encounters while inside)

The first 2, there is no misunderstanding on. The third, wouldn't be questioned except everything points to you should have 2 encounters while in the Otherworld, and this one forces you to have 3 since you can't stand until your next turn. Fourth and Fifth, are just slightly more rare so I just wanted to make sure that the Nightgaunt didn't delay you, or being moved to one during an Arkham Encounter wasn't supposed to delay you or that you didn't actually have to enter that encounter (I am aware of houserule that allows this as well).

Anyways if there are more ways, I'm not too worried about it since I probably don't have the expansion that causes it. These are the ones I've run into and I just want to be sure on all of these. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Rider
Poland
flag msg tools
Everything seems to be fine. At least for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Everything looks correct.

The reason that you have 3 encounters with your example 3 is that it was deemed more necessary to keep the "delayed" rules and increase your encounter potential then write a new special rule to handle delayed because of an arkham encoutner vs delayed because of a mythos card. It was more important to follow a consistent delayed definition since the amount of encounters you have can vary anyway based on encounters delaying you or sending you back early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you fight (or avoid) the monsters in the Gate Location BEFORE going thru the Gate??? (cause combat takes place in Movement Phase) Guess I've been doing this wrong, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
So you fight (or avoid) the monsters in the Gate Location BEFORE going thru the Gate??? (cause combat takes place in Movement Phase) Guess I've been doing this wrong, too.

Yep and you have the correct reason as well. Monsters already on teh board are dealt with during Phase 2 - Movement. You do not get sucked through a gate until Phase 3 - Arkham Encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.