Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Will the boards from the base game be compatible with the boards from the upcoming expansions? Beyond Kursk, will the boards retain the same color palette for European locales for example?

Are the rulesets compatible so that new expansions integrate and upgrade existing published games?

I'm just curious because I'm on the fence. I love my CC, but I could use some good old fashioned tank action right about now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Simple. To the point. And most importantly...the answer I was hoping to hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
l heard the boards were going to be thinner with a different colour than the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard something abouts scratch-n-sniff swamps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
l heard the boards were going to be thinner with a different colour than the first game.

The SoS boards are *slightly* thinner than the AtB boards. The difference is not big enough to be an issue.

The SoS boards are more vibrant than the AtB boards. They are still 100% functional, but you will notice the difference when they're placed side by side. The SoS boards are also a tad glossier (which adds to the vibrancy.)

They are definitely completely compatible though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just a quick question... Is the plan, moving forward, to keep European Theater boards with generally the same colors? Normandy isn't going to get like a brown or grayish texture or some other dramatic shift that'd make board integration look too garrish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.