Hide
2 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns: Relics & Ruin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Relic Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Wolf
msg tools

Ring of Command - Can the "virtual" edge outs or not so fasts be countered by a not on my watch card, thus forcing the player to use more prestige to do it again?

Cursed Blade - Even if heads or tails is flipped, can the attack card still be affected by any action card? The card specifically states that only the damage can't be redirected or prevented. So I assume that to be the case.

Scarab of Ruin - Does an item in play mean a "corked" item or must it be in use? Is it the one card that can stop Alchemist's Fire? Does it reverse potion affects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

Ring of Command - Can the "virtual" edge outs or not so fasts be countered by a not on my watch card, thus forcing the player to use more prestige to do it again?

You bet!

Cursed Blade - Even if heads or tails is flipped, can the attack card still be affected by any action card? The card specifically states that only the damage can't be redirected or prevented. So I assume that to be the case.

Naturally!

Scarab of Ruin - Does an item in play mean a "corked" item or must it be in use? Is it the one card that can stop Alchemist's Fire? Does it reverse potion affects?

The Scarab can not cancel the effects of a potion which is already in use - but, you can ruin the potion before or at the moment they declare they wish to use it. It is the ultimate spoiler. In the same way, it can ruin Alchemist Fire. It can be activated even when it is not your Turn, where most items can only be activated ON your turn. The primary implications of the words "This effect takes precedence over the targeted Item's ability" is that a targeted item can not be quickly used in reaction to being targeted.

Hope that helps.
-C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.