Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
On Eagle's website at the bottom of the main page:
Quote:
Coming 1st Quarter 2010!
Cornucopia
Number 10 in our Gryphon Bookshelf series.
Swat
Number 3 in our Gryphon Tin Box series
En Garde
Number 2 in our Gryphon 2-Player series
Railways of Europe
Next expansion in Eagle's Railways of the World series
Do they have to change the name in the reprint? I assume all changes are cosmetic, but do they have to change the name of a game in a system that already has the whole change to "Railways of the World", and some ambiguous references to some other game?

...and how is this the "Next Expansion" when it has already come out before the previous expansion, all of which expand a game that hasn't come out yet, but is oddly comparable with "Eagle Game's Popular Railway Game".

Will they at least release stickers for those of use with Rails of Europe so we can correct everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ian,

Railways of Europe will be the second expansion for the Railways of the World system. It requires the use of Railways of the World to play.

Railways of England and Wales is the first expansion for Railways of the World.

Rails of Europe is out of print. The print run was very limited and without support of a base game. If you (or others like you) own this game, it is compatible with Railways of the World and you will not need to purchase Railways of Europe (unless you really want the new box!).

Game wise, Railways of Europe will be exactly like the gameplay of Rails of Europe. We have decided to change the name to avoid confusion moving forward.

We all felt as though Rails of Europe was a strong game that was never printed in high enough quantities to meet demand. (we only ever did 1 small print run and it sold out in 2 weeks) It was one of our first games, and we really want to see it back in print. We decided to do this reprint as a part of our series of Railroad Games (Railways of .....) (this is the reason for the name change)

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the reprint have a board with the same matte finish that the Rails of England has? If so I might consider getting it also as the Rails of Europe board is a little too glossy (not horribly but noticeable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
and if they also did the blue purple change
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
HKSAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got this today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.