Subject: Our first approach to Emira rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last sunday, my significant other and myself were visiting a flea market and found Emira for a really bargain price (12 Euros), so we decided to buy it, without knowing more details about the game itself.

Tuesday night, I brought this game to our regular gaming Tuesday (which is currently a 3-Person operation)

Reading the (german) rules was rather painful, as we felt that the writing style was a bit awkward and sometimes disjointed.

We then kicked off the first round which was actually less difficult than the rules suggested.

Not having learned all the details before the game, I started with a palace expansion, Andreas got the Camel and Melissa aquired the smalll spice token.

The first lady was allocated to me, since I had the largest palace.

I will shortcut this a bit and will explain the endgame now:

Myself, having made some bad decisions (buying 4 Camels in total) was way behind the others with only 2 ladies.

Melissa and Andreas were both having 5 ladies with diverese abilities.
Finally, Melissa could score the last needed lady by enlarging her palace.

===============

Summary:

Buyers remorse ? No, not really. I only payed 12 Euros, which is a good deal. But if I would have payed the full price (about 40 Euros) I would definately feel the buyers remorse.

The game has nice illustrations and a lot of material. But I felt that the quality of the board was less than what I am used to.

It's very auction-heavy. A bit too much for my taste. Additionally, the economic system is rather simple.

I would say its a solid 6, not more, not less.

Still have to try the "pro" version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.