Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This addition makes the game so much more fun. I took the characters from the Worldspanner set and made matching lego miniatures for each one. Granted, this took a lot of lego men/women and you have to have a large variety of Legos sitting around (which I do) but it's perfect. The larger variety of legos, the better match you can get with the DOA characters. I use an Indian lego for Geronimo, Princess Leia in her slave costume for the Siennya character, etc. It's brilliant. Then I went through and collected all kinds of equipment pieces from my lego sets - spears, knives, revolvers, light blasters, battle axes, hats, helmets, backpacks, ets. So now I have these little lego guys walking around my DOA platters, actually carrying the weapons/equipment they own. It makes the game so much more realistic. The last game we played, I had Geronimo (the Indian) with his satchel charges (lego suitcase) chasing the martians into the colontial labyritnh. I will supply pics soon. The next step is to "blow up" the platters and keys to about 1.5 times their normal size so I can glue 1x2 lego pieces to each hex, allowing the legos to stand. Right now, they fall over on the board quite a bit, making it very frustrating. Then I would just have to re-paint the platters and add 3-d houses, foliage, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Pasquantonio
United States
Millis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see some pictures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a temporary (or easy permanent) solution why don't you just put the mini figures on 2x3 plates to keep them from falling over as you're moving them around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they don't fall over ALOT. But you know how people get careless while playing a game. Leaning on the table too hard or rolling the dice across the board. Stuff like that. The games come with those extra keys - the blank white ones. I could cut those into individual hexes and then glue the men to those as baseplates....nah. Don't want to ruin my lego guys. But you're right. I could stick them onto like a 2x3 piece. The piece would be too large for the hex, but....I might try it. See how it works.

I had all the platters and keys cut from 1/8" plywood. I used a bandsaw, and thought I did pretty good. Well, I didn't. Note to self: don't become a professional carpenter. They didn't fit together at all. Like NOT AT ALL. Just the smallest little mistake throws everything off. So. Next idea: Foam board from Hobby Lobby. That, I could cut out with an exacto knife and be much more precise. Then if anything didn't fit quite right, I could easily shave it down in the necessary areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, just posted the pics. They're pending approval, but will be available shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ream
United States
omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since my wood board didn't work too well, I did buy some foam board. I cut them all out and the picture of all 7 platters and 14 keys should be up on the images gallery. I started painting one, but I'll wait until it becomes more 3d before I post some pictures of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.