Subject: Descent's awesome warlord rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dexter Drake
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Descent: Journeys in the dark what seems like many times, (but in reality it's just something like six times), and every time, I've been the warlord. I am told the job of warlord is supposed to be hard, but it hasn't been yet. Maybe I'm a just a plain good warlord. Maybe the game is my kind of thing. Maybe, it's because I play with my younger brothers and cousin, who have no Idea, yet, what they are doing. Kinda fundevil...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or in the Descent subforum, actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also not warlord, it's overlord...while we're picking nits. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexter Drake
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you must be TECHNICAL, then yes, you're correct, but warlord's cooler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexter Drake
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this whole 'thread thing,' I could use some slack, or a BGG tour...but that doesn't existshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, go here, down below the images there is a section titled "Forum" with the option to "Post", that would be a better place to put this.

But one thing you may want to consider is that a new thread should have some sort of substance, subject or use, or something that ellicits discussion (Discussion apart from the question of how misplaced it is, I mean).

To be honest, this thread seems to have none of that. What exactly is your point? What do you want to talk about or tell us?
OK, you think you're a decent OL, and that your younger brothers and cousin suck at playing Descent...
So? Do you want tips to give to them on how to improve their play? Do you want to tell us something? Do you want to ask something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Descent: Journeys in the Dark » Forums » General

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely they just haven't grokked the correct way to play Descent yet. Sans expansions, the game is balanced somewhat in favor of the heroes so if you've won six games straight as OL it's because the heroes are doing something wrong. It's a drastically different strategy than your usual dungeon crawl, which rewards a slow methodical approach. Descent is more of a race than anything because the overlord gains power with each turn, and can always spawn more monsters. Don't worry, if they ever figure out how to play, you'll be frustrated at how impotent you feel as the OL in all but 3 or so of the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.