Subject: Jenny less useful with GH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Pardo
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
First of all, sorry if my English is horrible blush

Since I play LNOE with GH I have noticed that Jenny is not as useful as before. Her best skill "Handy" is less powerful now because there are more unbreakable weapons. These are the stats:

Playing only LNOE:
- Breackable hand weapon cards: 6
- Unbreackable hand weapon cards: 2

So she had a 75% chance of getting a weapon where her Handy skill is useful. Im counting Chainsaw as an unbreackeable weapon because although it can be lost there is not a roll to test if it breaks.

But what happens if we add GH cards?

Playing LNOE + GH:
- Breackable hand weapon cards: 7
- Unbreackable hand weapon cards: 6

Her chance of getting a weapon to use with her skill is now only a 53%

If we add the Stock up, Revenge of the Dead and Zombie Pillage supplements is even worst:

Playing LNOE + GH + Supplements:
- Breackable hand weapon cards: 7
- Unbreackable hand weapon cards: 8

Only a 46%

Taking into account that her other skill (Farm Girl) is only useful if a specific sector is being played, I think it is possible to confirm that with the expansion she is the worst character cry

I hope this change with the Survival of the Fittest expansion!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought she was already the least useful before the expansions but you are right she becomes really useless with them.

However I have to say that if I have her (we always do random draw for the heroes) I always save the baseball bat for her. With the bat only breaking on a one you can usually kill a couple zombies before the bat breaks.

I don't know how they would improve her abilities with survival of the fittest, other than add more breakable weapons.

On a related note the zombie card that forces a hero to re-roll their weapon break test is also pretty weak now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Pardo
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
madmanw wrote:

However I have to say that if I have her (we always do random draw for the heroes) I always save the baseball bat for her. With the bat only breaking on a one you can usually kill a couple zombies before the bat breaks.

We also do random draw for heroes. I think it is more thrilling like this, hehe...
I think the only way Jenny is good is with the baseball bat as you say. By the way, the item not always shows up and some times there is not a chance to give it to her

madmanw wrote:

I don't know how they would improve her abilities with survival of the fittest, other than add more breakable weapons.

Well, Jason said in other post that there will be some rules that affect Billys movement skill. Maybe there is something with other characters:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3895186#3895186

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dankirk
msg tools
A long time ago we whipped up some house rules for the less useful heroes:

Billy gets to roll 2 d6 and choose the highest then add 1 for movement.

For Jenny, we added that the Pitchfork is unbreakable. We will probably make it so that either hand weapons are totally unbreakable with her, or allow her to keep TJ Thoroughbred so long as she does not burn him for a full 6 count move.

So far we have one player who loves Billy and he has become a very useful character in many scenarios for his ability to stay out of trouble and grab search items, and serve as a an item super highway.

Jenny on the other hand has a dedicated player as well, She has found her niche in launching commando raids from the cornfield. TJ or better item durability would really expand her a bit.

We've also kicked around the idea of allowing Rachelle to start with a "battery" marker so she can discard it to keep her flashlight an additional turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denton21 wrote:
Jenny on the other hand has a dedicated player as well, She has found her niche in launching commando raids from the cornfield. TJ or better item durability would really expand her a bit.

She's also weaker since the Farm board is only 1 of 8 boards instead of 1 of 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.