Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy last week and am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to table it with the office lunch group. I just finished reading the rules in PDF which I got from here and had a small clarification question and a suggestion.

Firstly, I understand that if there are 3 cubes available in a company's pool, the winning bidder during the share round gets 2 cubes for his full bid while the last player to pass pays half (rounded up) for the 3rd cube. If there are only 2 cubes available, the winning bidder alone pays their full bid and takes both. What happens when only one cube remains? Does the winning bidder pay full price for a single share or do they halve their bid when paying the bank? I assume players are expected to realize the bid value should be reduced for a single share but I just wanted to make sure that was the intent.

Lastly, I noticed that the rules were updated somewhere along the way to modify the second end-game condition to end the game after 4 full rounds. It appears, from the screenshots I've see, that there is no track on the board to mark the current round. I would suggest future printings should have something to track the current round similar to how Wabash has the track for detroit.

That's all. Looks really good, Scott. Well-written simple rules and nice presentation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
What happens when only one cube remains?

Winner pays their full bid for one share. Second pays nothing and gets nothing.

I've had a couple requests for a turn marker, so I think I'm going to put together a card that could be used for this and post it in the files section. Another alternative is to lay out four of the city cards and flip them face down as each round is completed. I've also been meaning to put together cards to mark which players have passed and I'll put those in the files section too.

Your first game might take a little longer than a lunch break unless you can really push the players to evaluate and bid quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. We can fashion a turn marker of some sort easily enough, just thought it would be a good compliment to the nice board design.

If the first game runs a bit long that's fine, but I think we'll do fine. We play loads of Chicago Express here. Usually in around 40-50 minutes. We can do it faster but we never manage to fit two games in, so we don't rush and hit those times. The ideas here won't be so foreign that it's a big burn to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.