Popular Tags: [View All]
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a moving poll and it's not in front of a barber shop.

Poll
1. What are reasons that would convince you to move?
Lousy Neighbors
Neighborhood
Taxes
Politics
Noise levels
Pollution
Different geography (ie, in the mountains, on a lake, etc)
Different ethnicity city profile
Better/Different Weather
Better Job elsewhere
Better Schools elsewhere
To get better appliances or home features (ie, garden tub, skylights, etc)
To be closer to the action (city, shops, clubs, etc)
To be in a quieter area or more isolated area
To be closer to family or friends
To be closer to a monument or historic feature
To be closer to more board gamers
To be closer to BGG Con
So I don't have to clean - I just move frequently
On a whim
I will never move. Ever.
2. What are some reasons that would stop or hold you back from moving?
Great Neighbors
Nice Neighborhood
Friends or Family
Local Schools
Convenience to stores, attractions, etc
Local Weather
Local dialect/language
Cost of moving
I love my home and couldn't leave it.
Other - please explain
3. Approximately how often have you moved?
Once a month
Once a year
Every few years or so
Once a decade
Between 10-20 years
A long time ago
Never
4. I think moving is...
Exciting
An adventure
A joy!
Always a good thing
Time to reorganize!
Out with the old and in with the new
Time for new friends
A little sad
Hard Work
Back-breaking
Heart-breaking
Enough to cause me to have a nervous breakdown
I can't even talk about it
      49 answers
Poll created by Prismcat

Thank you and please drive thru!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So are you thinking about moving, being forced to move (job or otherwise), or thinking about becoming a real estate agent??

just being nosy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pepperhead wrote:
So are you thinking about moving, being forced to move (job or otherwise), or thinking about becoming a real estate agent??

just being nosy

yes no no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
If I'm too lazy to answer this poll, it's highly likely that I'm too lazy to even consider moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, Christy. We will miss you. We already do, as you have not shown to the club on those few days we have. All the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
For a bunch of your questions, I answered assuming I lived somewhere else. Like, "Would you move because of the neighborhood," well I like my neighborhood a lot right now, but if I lived in a neighborhood with stripped cars in the street and boarded up windows everywhere, then yeah I'd want to move to where I am.

But right now, I'm living just about where I want to, so it's unlikely that I'll move any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismcat wrote:
pepperhead wrote:

just being nosy

yes no no

Let me know where your top choices are and why when you figure it out. I've been thinking about moving for a good long while now and the less work I have to do, the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
Prismcat wrote:
pepperhead wrote:

just being nosy

yes no no

Let me know where your top choices are and why when you figure it out. I've been thinking about moving for a good long while now and the less work I have to do, the better.

An EXCELLENT idea Proggy!!!

BTW, WELCOME CHRISTY!!! Woo-Hoo!!

I've moved several times in my life and it is a chore. I don't foresee moving unless I hit the lottery and can pick and choose a perfect place/setting to move. Otherwise, I'm happy here and staying until retirement--when I will move.

Good luck!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

I've moved several times in my life and it is a chore. I don't foresee moving unless I hit the lottery and can pick and choose a perfect place/setting to move. Otherwise, I'm happy here and staying until retirement--when I will move.

Good luck!!

You've got it backwards, MMB. You're supposed to move to Florida when you retire. I'm pretty sure it's a requirement if you want your social security check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Good luck!!

You've got it backwards, MMB. You're supposed to move to Florida when you retire. I'm pretty sure it's a requirement if you want your social security check.

Don't care. Want to die in the mountains and/or overseas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A big decision was public transportation. I love living in Boston for that reason. It's so much cheaper than owning a car and a lot more interesting at night... ok that might not be a postitive after all. But the last train makes for great stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
A big decision was public transportation. I love living in Boston for that reason. It's so much cheaper than owning a car and a lot more interesting at night... ok that might not be a postitive after all. But the last train makes for great stories.
Just last night a guy in a long coat (like a trench coat but cut differently) sat near me on the train. He was on his cell phone, arguing loudly about whose archers, cavalry, and infantry were the strongest.

I'm guessing he was a computer gamer, but he may have been a fellow BGGer. Anybody taking the MAX out of Portland last night at about 9 or 10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my family moved a loooooooooooooooooong time ago and my parents are still there and I technically still permanently live there, but I spend most of the year in a student dorm/apartment because I'm away for university. And especially with the dorms, we have to vacate for summer students so that means I move at least twice each year.

This year I'm in a student apartment so as long as I pay my rent I can keep my stuff here next summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been married for 6 years. We've lived in 3 different states at 4 different times. From Florida to Utah to Nebraska to back to Florida.

The first moving trip our transmission died 5 hours into the move. It was loads of fun. Did I mention that our first anniversary consisted of packing before that move?

So far, this time in Florida we've been here 3 years and it's been great not to move anywhere. Although I'm more than ready to get out of my current house, it's weird to think we've been there for 2 years. Because before then, we had lived in probably 10 places, no longer than a year, some only for a couple months.

I fully expect moving will be a part of my life in the future. I do like living in new places and if the job is right, I'd probably move almost anywhere. Right now, I expect to stay in Florida for the next few years, unless something happens (like a good job offer!)

(I didn't even mention about my youth when I went to 5 different schools in kindergarten. And close to the same amount of schools in 1st grade also. I also forget to mention that my wife lived in the same house growing up for 10 years. Which breaks my record by 7 or 8 years.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Rappak wrote:
Just last night a guy in a long coat (like a trench coat but cut differently) sat near me on the train. He was on his cell phone, arguing loudly about whose archers, cavalry, and infantry were the strongest.

I'm guessing he was a computer gamer, but he may have been a fellow BGGer. Anybody taking the MAX out of Portland last night at about 9 or 10?

Nah........sounds like an Evony player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My dad was a career military type, so we moved at least 5 times that I can recall.

Then I joined the service, and moved several times.

Then I got out of the service and moved around a bunch after that.

I have learned this when it is time to move. If you have not used it in 6 months, throw it out. Less stuff to pack is good.

Even if you are moving in the same city, hire movers. It may seem like a wast of money, but after moving as much as I have, I will always pay someone else to do the dirty work for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I retire, I plan to be constantly moving. We're going to sell the house and live in an RV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.