David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if any of the scenerios and variants included in Das Buch are duplicated, in other words copied, in Catan: Traders & Barbarians?

I guess another way to state my question is, how many scenerios and variants of Das Buch can be found in Catan: Traders & Barbarians?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
The number you are looking for is zero.

edit: Though I've heard that the flood mechanism is similar to the barbarian attack scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I want to hear. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As posted, there are no exact matches, but two very similar:

* Atlantis (which was the flagship scenario in its own German expansion) and Barbarian Attack are very similar, in the sense that hexes are occupied with pieces (storm flood markers and barbarians) which can take hexes offline (turning hexes permanently into ocean in the former and conquering hexes in the latter). However, Atlantis uses the robber (who can't move into spaces one token away from sinking) and has no way to restore a hex that's sunk. The game can also end if too many hexes sink.
* Events on Catan and Catan Event Cards are very similar in the sense of "events". On a roll of the dice, there is a special event that must be resolved before the player takes their turn. The event is based on the number rolled, and are usually in pairs. For example, a roll of 5 gets free resources for whoever has the Largest Army or Longest Road, and a roll of 9 causes them to lose resources.

In general, almost everything in Das Buch requires Seafarers, whereas nothing in T&B requires Seafarers.

For more information, see the Complete Scenario Guide: http://homepage.mac.com/kelvSYC/catan-guide.xhtml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lambert
United States
Enid
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
For some reason I was thinking they had included The Colonies (aka the coolest Scenario EVER), but on looking again, they didn't. Makes me even gladder I already have Das Buch! Will Get T&B eventually though. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.