Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people have posted saying the "gameplay is the same" between the two editions. After playing both the original and the reprint during the same session, I found two major differences in the reprint, one of which is a major flaw.

1) It is much easier to hit Louie in the reprint. In the original, you have to have slightly better timing and more force to get him to fly 270 or 360 degrees around. In the reprint, it is rather easy to get him to go 270 degrees, hitting the person on your left, and super easy to get him to go 360, hitting yourself! In the original, you have to be trying to get him to go that far, while in the reprint, it can happen accidentally. This may be due to the paddle surface being ramped in the reprint, while it is totally flat in the original.

2) Flaw - In the reprint, you can simply hold your paddle down and Louie will pass over your chickens harmlessly. He bumps your paddle and bounces over. In the original, if you try this, Louie just tips over a bit and still clobbers your chicken. Again, this may be due to the ramped paddle surface in the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Say it isn't so! soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
2) Flaw - In the reprint, you can simply hold your paddle down and Louie will pass over your chickens harmlessly. He bumps your paddle and bounces over. In the original, if you try this, Louie just tips over a bit and still clobbers your chicken. Again, this may be due to the ramped paddle surface in the reprint.

I own 5 copies of the MB German reprint and have never experienced this. Simply holding down the paddle will not save the chicken tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works every time here with the German version, and I am not the first to notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you certainly can't get away with it in the version I have (and it's the reprint).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you got a lemon, Dan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Harkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're taking this game way too seriously.

1. Is it possible to hit a 450 or even a 540 degrees in the new version? That sounds like a new challenge.

2. You're not supposed to defend! You should attack! Destroy those pesky chickens! (from your neighbors of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
dcorban wrote:
It works every time here with the German version, and I am not the first to notice.

I have to concur. Mine does this as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my German import and if you hold the paddle down, Louie does indeed completely miss your chickens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
dcorban wrote:
Again, this may be due to the ramped paddle surface in the reprint.

I also think this is the likely problem... but I'm not sure how to fix it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which direction do you have the paddle surface set that it saves your chickens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The skinny/parallel orientation, where it is harder to hit the plane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am nervous now, I had just received a '92 version of Loopin Louie and I noticed if you hold the paddle down he will skip your discs. I am not worried about game play because I will simply state you cannot hold down your paddle, however, now I am scared I got bamboozled and am holding a '06 reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyHuman wrote:
Well, I am nervous now, I had just received a '92 version of Loopin Louie and I noticed if you hold the paddle down he will skip your discs. I am not worried about game play because I will simply state you cannot hold down your paddle, however, now I am scared I got bamboozled and am holding a '06 reprint?

Can anyone tell me an easy way to figure out which print run I own? Like, a measurement or something because I do not have anything to compare it to?

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyHuman wrote:
OnlyHuman wrote:

Can anyone tell me an easy way to figure out which print run I own? Like, a measurement or something because I do not have anything to compare it to?

thanks.

Andrew it mentions here that the "old" one uses C Batteries vs. AA. Not sure if that or some of the other pictures may help.
A photo comparison of the Classic and 2006 editions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the pictures helped a bit (but still did not appease my anal retentive-side in this matter), but I believe the batteries as you noted is a tell-tale sign that I do in fact have a copy of the '92 model, good looking out homey. Appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Hughes
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Keep flying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed mine from skipping over the coins by adding a little weight to the end of the arm. I used a small bolt and nut through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.