tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started up a cyberboard game of Marcher Lords.

I have a question for any who have played it-

The rules say you use a D10. When rolling on the random events table, the rules further say you should use one D10 to read as the "10s" and another as the "1s". Thats all clear. Except, when you look at the actual random events tables (one for each side) they start at "01". So either you are supposed to be using a D10 that runs 0-9, or you use a regular D10 that runs 1-10 and assume a mistake was made on the random events table and they are really supposed to start at "11".

This can become important as you use a D10 in combat too, to roll for hits. You hit if you roll the units combat rating or higher. Ive already rolled a "10" so I am in a bind as to what to do. Read it as a 10 and a hit, or a 0 and a miss?

And BTW, I have the MDG version. If someone has the Fiery Dragon version could they check the rules to see if this D10 problem is solved there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisyphean Gamestacker
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim,

I'll check my copy; I believe the dice are d10 percentile dice in two colors, each marked 0-9 (which is pretty standard, in the States, at least -- you usually just read the 0 as 0 for percentiles but as 10 if you are rolling 1-10). You designate one color to be the 10s and the second to be the ones, and you get a result from "01" to "00"(100).

Edit: Yes, there are two dice in the Fiery Dragon edition, one black and one white, each marked 0-9. In the rules:

"2.4 Reading the Dice
When only one die is rolled (as in Combat Resolution), always count a result of '0' as a '10'. When both dice are rolled together (as in Random Events), count one die as tens and the other as ones; when dice are rolled together like this, '0' is counted as '0'."

Edit 2: On the random event table, "00" actually seems to be '0' rather than '100'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.