Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone know yet whether any more than just the base game will be needed to play this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer: No, other expansions are not needed.
The long answer: Having other expansions significantly increases the replay value and the options of the OL and the heroes, in particular (If -which we can assume- it will follow the RtL principle) it will give OLs more options to select the population of every dungeon level from (In RtL we had mostly 2 options for vanilla, 1 option that needed WoD and 1 option that needed AoD, my guess is in the future we'll get 2 vanilla, 1 WoD, 1 AoD and 1 ToI for most dungeons) and a number of encounters that need expansion monsters.

Another thing is treachery, which in RtL is one of the level-up options for the OL, I suppose simplified treachery 'works', but I wouldn't play without full treachery rules if given the option.

Then there are more equipment options, more skills, feat cards (for the heroes), and, and, and...

If you have the chance, get other expansions as well, otherwise it will certainly be playable, but have a lot less flavor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Yackel
United States
Vadnais Heights
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elcapclimber2001 wrote:
Anyone know yet whether any more than just the base game will be needed to play this expansion?

I've answered a similar question before; check out this post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3823846#3823846

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys. I'm a sucker for good pirate games, so I may jump in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.