Subject: Running Werewolf in a Party Scene rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lazarus Darkeyes
United States
Playa del Rey
California
flag msg tools
I throw large Halloween parties every year and thought I could run a game of Ultimate Werewolf during the party. Following was my idea:

Given:
-There will be 40-80 people at the party at any given time. Not all will be playing.
-Alcohol will be flowing
-This is a party first, game second.
-All players, if they really wanted to follow me around, can see who I am talkign to every night

1) The standard structure would be out. I would be running around an active party and getting ansswers from people as needed.
2) Lynching would be done by secret ballot -- most votes toward a person gets them lynched. Ties would kill up to 2 tied players, otherwise, the town forfeits its daily chance to lynch
3) I would approach the Werewolves/Seer at night to determine the kill and scan
4) I would need to include some other night time roles so it isn't too obvious who the Werewolf and Seer are. These need to be limited to not use reactive roles.

Problems:
-I have no way to stop dead players from still 'talking' about the game after they are slain.
-I can be followed around to figure out who the Werewolf is

Potential Solutions:
-I can sort of combine the day/night phases
---every 'turn', I will approach ALL players. If they have a special role, I will get the information out of them. If they do or do not, I will also get their vote for who gets lynched the next day.

I am not sure how well this will work. Any comments/suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LazarusDarkeyes wrote:
-There will be 40-80 people at the party at any given time. Not all will be playing.

Eeeks! Are you the only person who can host? If not, get a game started and, once enough people are dead, put someone else in charge and take eliminated players and any new arrivals over to start another game.

I dunno - I'm just guessing, because I've never tried Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition with that many people before (there is a lot of down time, after all, while the Host tries to get things sorted out, figuring out what happened to who).

When I'm in a big party, I generally start little side games instead. That way, people can join as they wander by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.