Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One confirmation, one question, and one rant here:
* Do Tzeentch's Drain Power and The Meddling of Skaven count figures controlled by Soporific Musk as Slaanesh's? (I presume they do.)

* Do you gain the benefit of the original owner's upgrade when you control the cultist?

That is, if you Soporific Musk an upgraded acolyte in a region with warpstone, can you take the warpstone with you when you summon it elsewhere (whether or not you retain control of the acolyte post-summon)?

Similarly, if you Soporific Musk an upgraded Leper, can you summon it for free elsewhere? And do you count "figures in the region" as your own Slaanesh-controlled figures (including other figures affected by Soporific Musk), or the Nurgle figures?

I argue that they do apply based on p25 of the rulebook "the figure retains its normal statistics...if the original owner had upgraded his figures of that type, the upgrade remains in effect". Besides, this makes things more interesting...

And now for the rant:
I don't like the way the FAQ answer to whether you retain control of a cultist controlled by Soporific Musk after summoning contradicts the rulebook's Warp Shield example. Either "when this card is played, choose a figure" cards retain their effect post-summoning, or they don't - or there is an additional more general rule like "your 'choose a figure when played' cards retain their effect post-resummoning" or "control effect cards lose their effect post-resummoning" that should be rule errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
I don't like the way the FAQ answer to whether you retain control of a cultist controlled by Soporific Musk after summoning contradicts the rulebook's Warp Shield example. Either "when this card is played, choose a figure" cards retain their effect post-summoning, or they don't - or there is an additional more general rule like "your 'choose a figure when played' cards retain their effect post-resummoning" or "control effect cards lose their effect post-resummoning" that should be rule errata.

I am looking at the FAQ, but I can't find were there is discussion of Soporific Musk. Are there more than one versions of the FAQ? The copy I'm looking at was updated 9/9/09. Thanks for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1) Yes, the cultist controlled by Soporific Musk is 100% Slaanesh's for the remainder of that card being in play.

2) Yes, the figure retains all of its original attributes, including any upgrades.

I agree with the rant and have asked for futher clarification.

The new FAQ was updated on the 10th. You can go to the same spot to download it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have questions regarding this cards interactions.

1) If Slaanesh is controlling one of my upgraded cultists (Khorne) and I play a Blood Frenzy chaos card into the region with my controlled cultist and 1 Slaanesh cultist and 2 Slaanesh warriors. I would do a pre-battle roll since there are enemy units. If I kill my own cultist that's being controlled, will I get a dial advancement token?

2) Same situation, if I miss, does Slaanesh will roll 3 battle dice? If he controls my cultist, that means he has nothing to attack. I know that hits generated in combat have to go to controlled units if there is no other target, but my question is that would Slaanesh get to roll at all?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Not looking at cards so hopefully I have it all right.

1) Since Slaanesh controls your cultist, he is the only one with figures. You may play BF and if you hit, you may target your own unit. If you kill it, you would get a dial advancement token.

2) Since he controls all the units, there is no target. Therefore, Slaanesh will not roll any dice during battle. If there had been a peasant, he could roll and target it. But if there were more hits than targets, he cannot target Khorne's figure as it is his own for the time being.

The extra hits rule you reference would be if Khorne was rolling more dice and had more hits than Slaanesh's own purple figures. In that case, Khorne would have to target and kill his own red figure even if he didn't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reversals on the FAQ:

(UPDATED) Q: When you control an enemy Cultist using Slaanesh's Soporific Musk card, can you resummon the controlled Cultist to another region?

A: Yes, the Slaanesh player can summon the controlled Cultist to another region. If the Cultist is summoned to another region, it remains under the influence of the Soporific Musk. The controlled figure should be marked in some way to make sure everyone knows the figure is still under control of the Slaanesh player until the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a new FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ekted wrote:
Will there be a new FAQ?

Yes. When, I don't know. I was told it has been handed over to the web department and they will post when ready.

And based on past experience, they will post sometime during my meeting today while I am away from the computer so I won't be the first to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.