Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the best way of doing this, and didn't want to cause a hoopla by doing something improper. I'd also like to maximize the chances that I can make a deal with someone.

Here's the story:

I have an unopened copy of a new video game (Halo 3: ODST) that I'd like to trade for an unopened copy of a board game (Fury of Dracula or Dominion). My idea was that someone who was planning to purchase the game, could get it cheaper by purchasing (or shipping their unopened copy) a boardgame online and shipping to me and I'd ship them they're copy of the game.

I know, a little more complex than your normal "trade what I've got for what you've got" trade and entirely possible no one will go for it.

My question is, where and how should I post such a proposal? Is here in the forum the place? Would an Ubertrade proposal list work, or are they only for Boardgame to boardgame?

Thanks for your input. And if anyone likes the sounds of it already, send me a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kdiddy13 wrote:
I'm not sure the best way of doing this, and didn't want to cause a hoopla by doing something improper. I'd also like to maximize the chances that I can make a deal with someone.

Here's the story:

I have an unopened copy of a new video game (Halo 3: ODST) that I'd like to trade for an unopened copy of a board game (Fury of Dracula or Dominion). My idea was that someone who was planning to purchase the game, could get it cheaper by purchasing (or shipping their unopened copy) a boardgame online and shipping to me and I'd ship them they're copy of the game.

You might consider just trying to sell your video game locally through Craigslist and then using the money to buy the game you want. I did it this way within the last year. I won a couple of video games in a drawing (Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle and some wargame that I don't specifically remember) for Xbox 360 that I would never play and sold them locally and online (amazon.com, half.com, ebay, etc).

Quote:
My question is, where and how should I post such a proposal? Is here in the forum the place? Would an Ubertrade proposal list work, or are they only for Boardgame to boardgame?

I don't see why an Ultimate Trade wouldn't be permitted, though because of the specific nature of your desired trade, you may not get much response. You might be able to just follow the various math trades and see if one of the games shows up. This will take time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. I have a feeling you're right about the unusual nature of the request, but it doesn't hurt to ask. It's a good deal for a parent looking to get a copy for their kids for Christmas (or themselves ).

I've already gotten an offer for someone that has an unopened copy of Fury of Dracula, so now I'm just looking for a copy of Dominion, and I've answered my question.

For those following along, I am still looking for an unopened copy of Dominion in trade for an unopened copy of Halo 3: ODST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold. I happen to have an unopened dominion. Mind sending to Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cody, GM sent (or will be momentarily).

That's it. Assuming these trades go through, I am out of the trading Video games biz for the short term (although could potentially be talked into it if you have something from my wants list).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.