Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any truth to the rumors running around that Upper Deck will revamp the VS line come next year?

Here's a link to the deal they struck with Marvel Comics but no mention of whether or not it will be compatible with the VS system.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/ude/en/articles.aspx?aid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so. I've been diving back into Vs. lately and it would be great to see it revived and updated a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it. They'll just come up with something new and start over. And it'll probably be horrid. Why do I say that? They're very big on hyping the tie-in to the movies. That rarely leads to quality games, be they CCGs, boardgames, or video games. But we can hope for something good. VS was the first good superhero-themed CCG. Heck, it's still the ONLY one. So maybe Upper Deck can do it again. But these are the same people who brought you Marvel Ultimate Battles and that caliber seems a lot more likely for a movie tie-in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UDE had a beta version at Gencon for demo. It wasn't VS and it was really bad to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zxqueb wrote:
UDE had a beta version at Gencon for demo. It wasn't VS and it was really bad to boot.
This makes me sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of glad to see VS pass on. This was my last collectible game. Soon I'll be able to buy into the many sets I skipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Le
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big positive on the new game is that is has Ben Seck running the show. He was the shining beacon in keeping Vs. strong towards the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.