Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the FAQ, under "Gates and Other Worlds", under the "Closed Locations" question, it states that:

Gates replace locations.

So, when your LiTaS, does that mean you can not move your character onto a gate location?

Clarification: I am speaking, of course, when an investigator is allowed to move to "any location or street area of his choice".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Asplund
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it means more that the Gate (and entering it) replace the locations normal cards.

That is to say... "encountering" Independence Square when there is a gate their means going through the gate, not drawing an Independence Square card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valid point, but it didn't answer my question!

I think my question would be better worded as follows:

When moving from LiTaS, can you move onto a location with a gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed also in a semi-derailed topic on the FFG forums:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...
Haven't searched for the official rulings yet, but the discussion in that thread would indicate that e.g. Woods with a gate is still Woods. (Okay, I participated in that topic, and those are my exact words, but see: I believe many play that with an Arkham encounter such as "Go to the Woods and immediately have an encounter there" you go to the Woods, whether or not it has a gate)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of if the Woods with a gate on it is still the Woods, the Woods with a gate on it is still a "location." You may return there from Lost in Time and Space. You may return to any space in town, unless specifically forbidden by special rules or effects.

A gate replaces the location; it doesn't negate the fact that it is a location. When the Manhunt Mythos card comes up, monsters sitting on gates are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jfuller wrote:
Valid point, but it didn't answer my question!

I think my question would be better worded as follows:

When moving from LiTaS, can you move onto a location with a gate?

Yes. As usual, the sequence of play clarifies things immensely.

Upkeep: The investigator who was LiTaS goes to the Woods location, where there is a gate.

Movement: The investigator at the Woods must fight or evade any monsters in the Woods. If there are none, the investigator may more normally (though in this case, there's usually no reason to move).

Arkham Encounters: The investigator enters the gate rather than having an encounter in the Woods.

Other Worlds Encounters: The investigator has an Other Worlds encounter.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.