Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Giants conquer an adjacent mountain region for -1? - ANSWER: Yes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Rogers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
My wife and I were playing a 2 player game tonight with a randomly generated board (see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/409102). There were 3 mountain regions next to each other. I picked the Pillaging Giants for my final race in turn 9 and took one of the 3 mountains. The question came up: Can I conquer an adjacent mountain region for -1 or only non-mountain regions? I decided (since I thought I was ahead in points) that the giants couldn't stomp on the inhabitants of mountains very easily since they would be at the same altitude. I ended up winning 103 to 101, so it didn't matter in this game, but I'd like to know for sure for when we play with more than 2 players since the other maps all have adjacent mountains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was I too nice to my wife? (Rules Question)
If the Giants occupy a mountain region, then they get the -1 bonus for any conquests they make of any region adjacent to the mountain region. There is no "altitude" based theme rationale (or "running downhill" or "rolling boulders downhill" or any such thing) for the Giants' bonus. They just have an easier time when they are attacking from a mountain region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't be too nice to your wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamer55 wrote:
You can't be too nice to your wife.

Beat me to it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you'd attacked one less region you would have tied her?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rogers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Golux13 wrote:
If the Giants occupy a mountain region, then they get the -1 bonus for any conquests they make of any region adjacent to the mountain region. There is no "altitude" based theme rationale (or "running downhill" or "rolling boulders downhill" or any such thing) for the Giants' bonus. They just have an easier time when they are attacking from a mountain region.

I was pretty sure this was the case. Thanks!

wargamer55 wrote:
You can't be too nice to your wife.:D

This was the first time I've won, so maybe she went easy on me this time.

byronczimmer wrote:
So if you'd attacked one less region you would have tied her?

Actually since all the non-empty regions I attacked were her declining race, she would have won by one point if I had attacked one less region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.