Silent War» Forums » General

Subject: What do you do.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Lorenzen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
When the Japanese ship counters get damaged as they invariably tend to do after a lot of use so you can tell what ship it is before you flip it on the sub combat table?

I have some damaged counters (flag side) so the only thing I can come up with is get a couple decks of cards and assign cards (say ace of clubs thru 7 of clubs for the merchant counters if I have 7 merchant flags in that cup and different cards for the rest of the battleflags in that cup) to all of the merchant flags and battleflags, shuffle, then pick cards. I then shake a cup and pick the merchant flags I got from the merchant cup for that column then the battleflag cup from the rest and these are the ones I use. I don't know if I explained it right but let me tell you it is even more a pain then doing it the regular way for selecting flags.

Any other ideas for us damaged counter folks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lorenzen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I started up vassal and it's very cool but I had a question. When you start it up does it always have the same war mix counters in each cup? For instance when I start it and open the war period one cups are all the ships in each cup the same every time you start a new game? I have just been using Vassal for combat and using everything else on the board game map so I just start a new vassel game every time I go back to using it for combat with the board game and was wondering if I had to reseed it manually every time I start it or if it does mix up the units for you when you start fresh.

thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boutet
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm! You got me curious I so I just started up a couple new campaign games and took a look at the contents of A & B cups and they where both the same so yes it would appear they are the same at the star of a new campaign. I wouldn't bother reseeding it each time but they do recommend that you reseed every month or so. That way, you don't get too much of an edge up on those juicy targets. Plus I know myself, when I'm designating targets, I sometimes grab counters from the B & C columns instead of the TDC pile and don't notice until it's time to flip. I'm sure I've inadvertently put some back in the wrong cup. Of course there's the undo button but for some reason, I keep forgetting about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.