Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG 29 - Starfortress is ready to launch!

Our crew consists of:

JacquesDeMolay
Shauneroo
ericlui
Poor Frisco
boltana
bungeeboy

Geeklist for this game: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/46657

This is a standard 6-player game with normal sympathiser rules. Usual rules for the PBF games apply. If you have not yet done so, I'd strongly encourage everyone to have read through at least one other game thread, to get the feel for how a game runs.

Post typography
* Normal text for dicussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff – if you can do it, it can make the game more fun, but not required.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail.

Images
I prefer images in the thread over avatars for posts - it makes the thread easier to read later down the line when you've changed your avatar. A gallery of images is available here. If you're not into searching for good "flavor" images, using the banners on that list that DukeofEarl made can be a great thing.

Players
This game is by invite only - the waiting list is being maintained at the BSG PBF Wiki

In general, I will refer to all players by your character name. For gamespeed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along unless you check in frequently. I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, or someone else brings it up. If you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.

On Me:
I'm usually able to check in a few times a day, but board updates will only happen in the evenings (US Eastern time zone). If you'd like to see how I've run previous games, I moderated Model 8 and am currenly running BSG 12. I was also a player in Mark V and currently in BSG 19 - WWAD?. I don't yet (alas!) have Pegasus.

Thanks,
-Orphius
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see all these PBF games starting. It means that I might get a chance to play sometime this century

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thank you SO MUCH for doing this. Game moderators-- the few, the proud-- we salute you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep you guys are great. Once I actually get one of these PBF games under my belt I might try my hand at moderating one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the invite and checking in.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty! A quick stint in the military seems like a great way to pay for college - and it's not like we've heard from the Cylons lately!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets get with the program - we have a Battlestar to run! Yes, I am Saul Tigh, and you will respect my authoritay!

And ericlui, I swear by the Lords of Kobol, you had better be a good Laura. Better use that Religious vision wisely, or I will strip you of the presidency first chance I get, arrrhlol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello, everyone. I'm selecting Boomer, and taking two Piloting and one Tactics.

I've played six or eight live games, but this will be my first PBF. I've also never played with more than four people, so this will be a new experience on a couple levels. I apologize for any lapses of strategy particular to larger games - I'm not a Cylon!

I live in the Central time zone, but work in the afternoons/evenings, so expect to see more of me in the morning. I can do a limited amount of geekmail and posting from my mobile phone, but nothing too fancy.

Looking forward to a fun game! I'll also probably do a fair amount of role-playing if I remember to, it makes the games much more fun to read.

We've already got Roslin and Boomer in here now, if someone takes Starbuck we can turn this into BSG 29 - Repopulating The Human Race. But we'd need Adama, Helo, and Apollo to really have a Love Boat scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you trying to say Missy - I'm too old to procreate?

FYI, if I am going to fool around with a skin job,it will be Caprica 6 any day over you, Miss Wishy Washy. Now if you excuse me, I have a Battlestar to run in the Old Man's absence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I solemnly swear to uphold the Articles of Colonization...

Boomer, would you mind waiting until we see our full complement before deciding on your card selection...? While i'm not an excessive min-maxer, i do believe that generally Tactics will be more useful in the early going than Piloting, but we may need your Piloting expertise if Captain Adama doesn't turn up.

In general, i'll be mindful of strategy and proper play, but i'm not the kind to figure out our odds on drawing favorable Crises or Locations, or track the absolute count of cards in players' hands. If players want to do that, of course they're free to, but i hope you'll forgive me if i sometimes "go with my gut."

I'm quite happy to get a chance to play-- i have plenty of in-person games under my belt, most of them 5 or 6 player, but no play-by-forum experience. I've played Baltar several times, but this will be my first outing with President Roslin. Should be fun!

I live in the Pacific time zone, but work at a desk and will be able to check in relatively frequently during the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McMahon
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Chief Galen reporting for duty. Glad to see Boomer as part of the crew.

Perhaps we could go and erm, check the inventories sometime?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I thank you all for attending the decommisioning of what is, in my opinion, the greatest starship in the entire flee. And although I will be sad to relieve my command of her, I am glad we live in a time of peace where she is not needed.

Colonel, it's good to see you/

I choose William Adama.

For my opening hand, please give me 2 tactics and 1 leadership

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(why does the old man always steal my thunder - I finally give up the bottle and decide I am ready to lead, and he decides to come back out of retirement - geesh)

(grrrr).....Oh yeah, Hi Bill, its "nice" to see you too - I suppose you will want these 2 nukes back now....(being 2nd fiddle...again..grrr...time to hit the sauce grrrrr)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player selection is complete, here's the crew roster and initial card draws:

1: ericlui - President Roslin
2: JacquesDeMolay - Tigh (2 Leadership, 1 Tactics)
3: Shauneroo - Chief (cards tbd)
4: Poor Frisco - Boomer (1 Tactics, 2 Piloting)
5: bungeeboy - Admiral Adama (1 Leadership, 2 Tactics)
6: boltana - Baltar (2 Politics, 1 Leadership)

Chief, please let me know what cards you want to start with.

Once that's done, I'll send out initial skills, loyalty, and quorum cards as appopriate, and Roslin will get us started.

Also, if anyone wants to change their initial card selection before I send them, now that we know who all is on board, that's fine, too. Just do it quickly.
Any questions, before we begin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McMahon
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I choose Gaius Baltar.

I'll take 2 Politics and 1 Leadership for my opening hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The chief will select 1 politics, 1 leadership and 1 engineering.

Boomer, I'll be in the launch bay. Knock and ask for Tiger...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walker
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And so it begins..

Initial skill cards and loyalty cards have been sent to all players.

Now starting...

Round 1.1 - President Roslin

Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cards Sent:
3 Politics
2 Leadership

President Roslin, please post your Move and Action when you are ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Col Tigh, I'm sure I don't know what you're trying to imply. I've been a loyal member of Galactica's crew ever since my parents were tragically, unverifiably killed in a mining accident on Troy. This crew is my family now, a family I love, a family I'm sure would never throw me in the Brig for no reason whatsoever halfway to Earth if we ever had to flee the Colonies for some reason.

Now if there's nothing else, sir, I need to report to the flight deck. Chief Tyrol has scheduled my Raptor for some routine maintenance.

I'll stick with my original card draw. Good luck, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Colonel Tigh, are you able to send a Scouting mission? If so, I think you're in the best position to take Orders from me this turn, since you can also (conveniently) launch Vipers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mad'am President, I'm ready for a scouting mission, should you so order it. But I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty behind the stick of a Viper, it's going to take me a few zigs and zags before I'll feel confident about shooting down a whole wing of raiders by myself.

Just give the word, and let me know if you'd prefer I scout for impending crises or long-range destinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lt. Valerii, at some point, we may call on you to get back in a Viper-- wait, you AREN'T on the Hangar Deck? You're in the Armory? What could you possibly be doing there?

For now, I think you need a bit of time to regroup and prepare for Tactical actions.

Boomer, good call taking Piloting cards, since you're our only Pilot. However, since you don't have two viable actions at your current Location, i don't think it would be a good idea to Executive Order you. At best, you would spend one action moving to the Hangar Deck or somewhere else useful-- which you can just as easily do on your turn for "free."

Actually, i see that Adama drew Tactics cards as well.

Admiral Adama, the war is over. We need to get on with the job of saving the remnants of humanity, and finding a safe place to jump this fleet. I believe that means figuring out where we can go next, and buying time until the civilian ships are able to jump-- perhaps by firing on that Cylon directly in front of us?

I get two cracks at finding a suitable Crisis, so unless there are serious allegations that i'm a Cylon, i would suggest scouting for our next Location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, if anyone wants to CO (Conditional Order) a Strategic Planning to Orphius in case we DO get a Scouting mission this turn, now would be a good time to Geekmail him.

(I wouldn't recommend it-- we have several Crises to deal with before everyone will get a chance to draw up, and by Scouting, we'll be burning one Purple card straight-up.)

If you definitely intend to pass on Strategic Planning, you may want to submit a CO to that effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian H.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes ma'am, Mad'am President. I'm sorry for being out of position. I was just going to inspect the Chief's weapons, in case he has to repel boarders. But I'll report to my station ASAP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.