Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: RtL - Threat like Fatigue clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Caprari
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello fellow gamers,
I've been enjoying Descent series since 4 months and we started playing RtL since a month or so, and we usually manage to discuss and clarify rules between ourselves (or better, between us heroes and the OL = nasty verbal fights ) but for this one I think I'll need some second opinion (and some backup possibly? whistle ).

Page 14 of the RtL rulebook so states:
rules wrote:

[...]but in
addition, there are a two abilities that are always available to
the overlord during an encounter:
Ability
Move a monster one extra space (like a hero
spending a fatigue for speed).

Add a black power die to a monster’s attack
roll, or upgrade a power die by one step (like a
hero spending a fatigue on an attack).

The emphasis there is the point of my question... does this rule apply only during encounters (like i'll probably argue next session ) or during dungeons too in your opinion?

Our OL has been grinding through us like crazy by adding dice during dungeons, and I found it quite powerful as an OL tool, leaving me perplexed about the comparison with DOOM! or other OL cards, but noone ever brought it up in these forums or I seem not to find anything about it even with some refined searches.

Thanks for your patience and attention and sorry for my subpar English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only during encounters. Nowhere does it say that the OL can spend threat to upgrade dice or add extra movement for monsters during dungeons.

Remember the overriding rule, unless specified in the RtL rules, the normal Descent rules apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your OL is cheating. How devious.... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Caprari
Italy
flag msg tools
Hehe thanks for the quick replies.

However he really IS devious, but not to the point of cheating...
let's just say that 6 or 7 game weeks deep into the campaign he's about to roll for razing greyhaven, has 2 siege tokens on nerekhall and he's just landed on a third city.. and we're about to finish our second dungeon... way to go heroez shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.