United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Well then I may have to play it again.

BEEP......BEEP........BEEP..BEEP.BEEP.BEEP..BEEEEEEEEEEEEE...*Pew Pew*. ARGGHHHH!!!!!.........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Well then I may have to play it again.

BEEP......BEEP........BEEP..BEEP.BEEP.BEEP..BEEEEEEEEEEEEE...*Pew Pew*. ARGGHHHH!!!!!.........

Overwatch Baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, I just want it to hit #1 so I can say I was there when it happened.

Oh, and someone film it in super slo-mo, so we can take it all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Re: If Space Hulk surpasses Space Hulk on the ranking...
If Space Hulk surpasses Space Hulk on the ranking, then the universe will disappear in a puff of logic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
russ wrote:
Space Hulk surpasses Space Hulk on the ranking

Didn't that already happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is overwatch technology something you can develop in Through the Ages?

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet Space Hulk (third edition) will STILL feel like a less-expensive, better value for the money than Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
And yet Space Hulk (third edition) will STILL feel like a less-expensive, better value for the money than Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization.

I am not sure you really duly compliment space hulk with that comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch - you must really hate Through the Ages. From what I've seen of it the gameplay is great, I just have an issue with the horrible prices compared to the utterly fugly production values. I just can't imagine paying $60 for the quality of that game whereas I can easily feel comfortable footing the $100 for Space Hulk which has phenomenal production values. Fred, take notes from GW. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that you're paying for the game, mostly, but gawd-awful graphics kill videogames as much, if not more, than board games. Through the Ages may have hit the sweet spot but not for a lot of folks that I've spoken to (which is a shame because it's apparently a pretty cool game, all things considered). I'm just not paying $60, the price of a good console videogame, for crappy production values in a board game. But that's just the line I draw - other, more diehard, tabletop gamers are willing to put up with that and spend their hard-earned cash on fuglier games (but that have good gameplay), whereas I'm not. To earn my money, as a game company, you're going to have to have great gameplay and great graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.