Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Space hulk "Un-easy alliances"...a SH 3 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantine G.
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on inserting some tactical space marine squads, some Eldar and Lictors in the mix to try to make it a three player game...
I am thinkimg about using Scorpions and Spiders for the Eldar...

I will be making new "3 player" scenarios...
The scenarios I am thinking will be three objective scenarios. Whoever gets his objective done first wins...

e.x.
Tyranids: Kill x number of marines or Eldar
Space marines: Find the Relic
Eldar: Go from point A to point B.

So my actual goal is to create situations that require an un-easy alliance between the Humans and the Eldar...Imagine human and eldar back to back killing nid's and then having to turn and face each other...

First thoughts about the rules...

a) The tactical marines will be having bolters and grenades and also will be able to move sideways.

b) The Lictors Will be like stealth versions of the Brood lord

c) The Eldar will be having 5 action points and they will be able to move sideways.
The scorpions will be having grenades and the spiders will be having teleport...

The exact rules about, stealth, grenades and teleport are not complete yet...
Although I have a pretty good idea how they will be I am open to any suggestions...

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool. I have played in a number of three player games of Space Hulk and the scenerio that seems to work best is for two sides trying to get an object and the genestealers or tyranids trying to kill them.

In the best example of this we had a symetrical map (think Cleanse and burn, but much wider) with an objective room on the end. we had Chaos marine terminators enter on one side and SM Terminators on the other with both trying to get some valuable object from the target room. So they could try to quickly move up the map to get to the room or move sideways toward the oposing force, all the while Genestealers are trying to eat either side.

The trouble with three players in this type of combat is that you go, and then have to wait for tow other players to go. It is ussually not a long wait. but you have two opponents that can come at you so if you jam against a genestealer, the chaos marine may be right there for the easy kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.