Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
It doesn't look as if I'll ever make the deadline for submitting card ideas, so here are several:

NEW DEVELOPMENTS

Imperium Flagship
4 cost, 2 points
III: +2 military
III: May discard any card from tableau to play a o as a o.
* III: May discard any card from tableau to take over a Rebel military world.

Like Imperium Cloaking Technology, but permanent. If cards had text, this would say “The more you tighten your grasp, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.” Might be better at 3 cost.

Alien Uplift Gene Sequencers
6 cost, ? points
2 points for every Alien and/or Uplift card. Cards such as this one with both attributes are only worth 2 points.
IV: Alien+Bio goods > 4 vp
The story makes it sound more and more as if the uplift planets were all created by the aliens.

Alien Communication Device
1 cost, 1 point
III: Settle abilities that cannot normally be used to settle Alien worlds, now can do so.
V: Each Alien production: 1 card
Everyone always forgets about the Alien prohibitions anyway (or at least I do), so this seemed a natural. I was thinking of giving this a 2 alien goods > 4 points consumption, but I already did that with my previous development. It might be a world instead of a development.

WORLDS

Library World
1 cost, 1 point
I: +1 eye.
Place 7 cards under this card face down when it is drawn. You may look at these cards at any time. While exploring, you may draw and/or discard cards to the top of this pile rather than to the regular deck.
V: Blue production
You always get frustrated when you commit to a strategy like buying the Alien Rosetta Stone, then never draw any more Alien worlds. This would give you a bit more chance of knowing ahead of time what cards you have available. It’s a bit like the Storage Moon idea I saw earlier, but maybe a bit more useful. This ability might be used for several kinds of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceGee wrote:
It doesn't look as if I'll ever make the deadline for submitting card ideas

AFAIK they consider late entries for the next-next expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.