Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: Game Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, this may seem a trivial point to some...but looking at the various shots of the game's counters so far; there appears to be 2 'versions' of the armour units.
One set has a top down view, while another is a side view.
So, here is my 2 cents...I HOPE the game will ship with top down view armour counters. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the side view combined with a requirement to have facing.
Anyway, the rest of the game components look great, and the game system has really peaked my interest. Like some have said, a bit like the other recent choices for tactical games out there, but with some real nice differences....in particular, the game is not driven by cards (yay). The cards in this game are simply assets, etc to be played (or not) by the players.
So, designers...if you still have input...lets make those armour counters a top down view! That would 'guarantee' my purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a discussion in the Fighting Formations file on Consimworld on this. I think the final counters will be side view, but you'll have to take a look at the discussion (as usual with Consimworld, you'll have to leaf through pages of banter before you get to the pertinent points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AFIAK the final counters will be top down view.

At least those were Mr. Jensen's last words on the subject in the CSW folder quite a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One set has a top down view, while another is a side view.

The side views you see are my playtest artwork.

The top view you see is a sample of the final artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent news...this game is now on my 'gonna buy' list. Thanks for the reply btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.