Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

These came in the box of second hand Battle of the Bulge 2ed, Avalon Hill (1981). They are all the same colour - spring chick yellow. There is well over 100 of them, carefully sorted into a counter tray marked 1 through 9, 2F, 28, 29 and 30. There are no instructions. The only other 'extra' in the box is a CRT from The GENERAL.

I initially assumed them to be an expansion since they are all the same colour. I looked around BGG, Webgrognards, ConsimWorld and general internet with no success.

Please help.

p.s. I hope Grognads is online. I bet I can get a name, a publisher and an address of the store in Manhattan (Kansas) that can sell me the rules and the replacement minis.

Thank you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Styrbjörn Gren
Sweden
Saffle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like US units from the Longest Day by Avalon Hill
The Longest Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ned Ludd wrote:

These came in the box of second hand Battle of the Bulge 2ed, Avalon Hill (1981). They are all the same colour - spring chick yellow. There is well over 100 of them, carefully sorted into a counter tray marked 1 through 9, 2F, 28, 29 and 30. There are no instructions. The only other 'extra' in the box is a CRT from The GENERAL.

I initially assumed them to be an expansion since they are all the same colour. I looked around BGG, Webgrognards, ConsimWorld and general internet with no success.

Please help.

p.s. I hope Grognads is online. I bet I can get a name, a publisher and on address of the store in Manhattan (Kansas) that can sell me the rules and the replacement minis.

Thank you guys.

They are elements of Allied (mostly US) divisions from the Longest Day. The 2F is the french second Armored. The others are US infantry division elements. The round piece is the HQ, the others are battalions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
There are counter scans from The Longest Day in the gallery.

For example, the round unit is the third one from the left, 4th row from the bottom:

The artillery piece (top right your image) is the left most chit on the 5th row from the bottom (right side):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A big Thank You and a tip to all that stopped by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
That's a pretty lethal piano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Lafayette! and Ned Ludd, I am HERE!" The extra "CRT" CHART that you have is from "the General" Vol.19 #2 with the intended result to supplant their original for and about this. As for the reasoning behind these counters and that 'artwork' they contain and of which you've now found out upon, then it just seemed to me at the time that they're carrying the 'admiration' a tad much with those. I'd seen that before, and even since then on a few others, while I was most accustomed for these from the WW2 'model kits' decals regarding German vehicles and the like, with what type of historical UNIT any might comprise.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh Ooh, it's the The Longest Day, the The Longest Day!

(Where's my geekgold?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
To bad you didn't get the rest of the game with it, it goes for a fair amount on Ebay. The game was supposed to have the most detailed order of battle of any game at that time. As all games there are pro's and con's but it would have been nice to have gotten the whole game. I sold mine for a couple of hundred a few years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
That's a pretty lethal piano.

Help! Let me in on the joke.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The outline in the first (leftmost) chit in your picture looks like a grand piano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
The outline in the first (leftmost) chit in your picture looks like a grand piano.

laugh Da-h-h.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit, I actually knew the answer to one of these for a change but am late to the party.

I still have the full game, but the box was destroyed and the counters were in a box full of chit trays and moved all over since the 80s, so I won't ever know if it's complete until I try playing it. Maybe when my son is older, in a decade or so. My Dad and I only played the Falaise Pocket scenario, I think, back in the day; I'd love to play the full Normandy campaign some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.