Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I think about buying this game for a while now, because i love LEGO and like the Idea of playing some kind of Tabu/Charade with Bricks...

Has anyone ever played this game and can recommend it, or tell something specific about it?

Thanky for your Help!

Johannes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've played one game of it. My immediate impression of the game is that it's slow for a party game. We played with 4 players with 1 person building and the others having to guess what they're building. However, as each person only gets one guess (in this game mode) everyone waits a while before using theirs so it wasn't exactly frantic.

That said, I'm reserving complete judgement until we've played some more and there are other modes to try. Would probably benefit from a time limit on the builder and/or some house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it virtually the same as Pictionary. Two teams of two and a 2-minute build limit (need to find a sandtimer...). The builder each time was free to select the difficulty of card, and we simply scored by number of question marks on the backs of completed cards (first to ten...). No problems with pace, and very enjoyable, to be honest. But then I am a bit of a Lego fanboy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter the Great
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ben. We started playing by the rules included, then quickly modified it to similar 'Pictonary' rules.

Again, to echo Ben, I am a huge LEGO fan, so I see this as structured, interactive LEGO building time. I got my whole family (I am the youngest at 25) to play. Everyone loved it.

Nice and light. No stress. Lots of fun if you get in to it. I would imagine great with younger kids. Also very easy to start/stop/add/remove people, I could see pulling it out as a game night is starting up while waiting for the stragglers to arrive.

Also: expansions readily available. Every LEGO set ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
scooter630 wrote:
Also: expansions readily available. Every LEGO set ever.

The big problem with longevity is the fact that there are only about 50 cards. And once you've been through them, that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.