Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Codeword Cromwell: The German Invasion of England, 8 June 1940» Forums » General

Subject: An interesting theme! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bauer
msg tools
This is a clever idea...instead of a general strategic game on Operation Sealion (which never had a serious chance of success), this game focuses on a hypothetical and localized attack!

Would love to hear more (see images) of this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Mike,

Thanks.

Like you say, it's a very different take on the battle.

If you want to get a feel for the character of the game, (sorry, module), think of films like "Went the Day Well" and "The Eagles Has Landed".

I'll start to post up a little more info over the next few days.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. So.... another solitaire wargame from the duo responsible for Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic. And announced right after it was published when WTID frenzy is at a peak...

Is this part of some evil genius scheme to force us poor, starving gamers into supporting your diabolical plans of world domination? You two - Mark and Dan, are despicable and cruel.

By the way, you wouldn't just, you know, *happen* to have a preorder site up yet for this game? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Matt,

Sorry, missed your message there.

No, we haven't got anything set up yet for pre-order.

We'll wait to we're a bit closer to publication, and then we'll put something up.

Might think about linking to the Combined Forces Military College web site...

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a slightly different note, the theme of this game reminded me of another I played a few years ago. That game was 2-player wargame that supposed the Germany had won The Battle of Britain and was performing a full scale invasion of Britain. Can anyone remember the name of that game?

BTW, this game sounds great and am one of the many waiting for the reprint of WTID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Britain Stands Alone? Or even Britain Stands Alone (Second Edition)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.