Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It's the Rally phase.

I am about to try to rally some shaken troops with a non-shaken leader, in clear terrain, but behind a wall.

The wall appears to be "terrain" according to the TEC. It has a positive modifier (for attacks crossing the wall). Do I get the -2 rallying bonus for being "in" terrain with a positive modifier?

2. What if there was an enemy unit with LOS to the stack trying to rally, that did not cross the wall.. would the -2 rallying bonus still apply?

3. Is a unit trying to rally in a hex with a vehicle/wreck in "terrain" with a positive modifier and so benefit from the -2 to rallying?

Finally, a tanky question-

4. are there any bonuses for troops in upper story hexes of buildings, firing down on adjacent tanks with LATW? In other words, benefitting from the (I understand) thinner armour on the tops of tanks?

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the way i read it:

1) No

2) Not applicable

3) Yes

4) No, but the British PIAT wont work, if youve got The Swift & the Bold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier revenu
France
urt
Pyrennees atlantiques
flag msg tools
designer
mb
4)....

Not in the LnL rules, but I use it as an houserule myself. If you fire an armored vehicle from an adjacent upper level, use the lowest armored factor.

It just adds a bit chrome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar question just came up over on CSW, except about Hill TM and the rally bonus. Since Hill TM, like walls, is dependent on where fire might come from, my thoughts were the same as Chris': Hill TM by itself also never gives rally bonus. (bocage, OTOH, can give the rally bonus, per the TEC)

Err... hope I'm not confusing things...surprise Does HoB even have hills and bocage? (I don't actually have HoB, but do have Lock 'n Load: Band of Heroes and a couple others)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all that...

So "terrain" with a positive modifier for the purposes of the rallying bonus, is taken to mean...

"Terrain that fills the hex centre spot (ruling out walls) and that has a positive modifier to all shots taken at that hex, from whatever angle or elevation. It also includes wrecks and vehicles in a hex- they are assumed to be filling the centre hex spot"

or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, I think the shaken guys have to feel a sense of protection from their immediate surroundings to get the rally bonus.

They'd get that from buildings, woods, and anything that provides some cover and/or concealment.

I doubt they'd get it from a hill, where they're likely to feel especially exposed.

They might get it from a wall or hedge, but only if they could be sure all their potential enemies were on the far side of it.

For simplicity, I'd say that in LnL you only count positive TEMs that always apply to enemy fire, regardless of direction or elevation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.