Popular Tags: [View All]
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start by saying that FFG is my favourite company when it comes to boardgames. I think their products have exceptional quality, most of their games are just awesome and their customer support is probably the best there is.

Recently, I started checking their website on a daily basis since not only am I interested in their upcoming games, I also happen to have many of their current ones. However, the last weeks I get the impression that more and more news are about Roleplaying Games and not Boardgames.

I realise that they recently published some very nice-looking RPGs and they should promote them. Completely understandable. I'd just like to ask them not to forget about the boardgames in the process.

We (the fans of FFG) have so many questions about the upcoming games and everyday we log in hoping to find some new information. Seeing almost all the news being RPG related is kind of a let down.

This is not that serious a concern, I just wanted FFG to know my (and some other guys') thoughts about this and see if more people here think the same. While we are at it, a few issues on which I am hoping we get some news soon:

- What's going on with Gears of War? It is supposed to come out Q4 2009 and yet we know nothing about it.

- You announced 3 new games by the end of the year, two of them being big boxes. Anything new on that?

- Is there any chance of FFG having a booth at Essen? I know they didn't have one last year, so just checking (although I'm afraid I know the answer )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hm? FFG's booth is the gigantic Heidelberger booth in Hall 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Yes, but aren't they just the german importers of FFG's games? FFG per se, doesn't have a booth right? (the same way that Asmodee has, or Days of Wonder, or Z-Mant etc..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They happen to be launching 2 new RPGs based on popular properties in a short time span, so it's not surprising that they give those a lot of attention. They have to. They're important properties and they probably put a lot of effort in those games.

I think you'll see a lot more news about boardgames popping up as soon as the new "top secret" titles have been revealed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
gschmidl wrote:
Yes, but aren't they just the german importers of FFG's games? FFG per se, doesn't have a booth right? (the same way that Asmodee has, or Days of Wonder, or Z-Mant etc..)

True, but FFG people are often there (I saw Christian Petersen and (I think) Eric Lang last year), and Heidelberger demos and sells English versions too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That is correct. Heidelberger is the official FFG representative at Essen, and is our presence at this show.

cP
FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:

- You announced 3 new games by the end of the year, two of them being big boxes. Anything new on that?

Yes, I'm quite excited about this! I guess they're preparing some really big holliday announcements.
I'm guessing at Gears of War, the Twilight Imperium version of Dune and... something else. :)

As for the increase of RPG news; I'm really looking forward to both Rogue Trader and WHFRP 3 so I want more! :D
I think the reason there's more RPG previews is simply that there is much more to show. At least from a rules perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Velivassakis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to hearing that Reins Of Power will be one of the 2 big boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is funny is that FFG used to have way more RPGs than boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mb
Boardgame News has a nice listing of game releases organized by companies and additional info, if available, next to the titles. Not sure if this will help you much, but I use it as a reference quite a bit on upcoming games.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.